Monday, May 11, 2015

Orange Roses And Feeling Better. Can't Beat That!!

May 11, 2015

Good morning.  I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday.  Thank goodness for the modern technology of cell phones and texting.  Daughter Audrey was preparing to fly home from Missouri, and I was able to keep in touch via texting.  With all the wicked weather in the mid section of the country, I was quite worried for her safety.  A phone call late yesterday after she got home set my mind at ease.

Deanne and Eddie came by and brought me a bouquet that has the most gorgeous orange roses in it.  Oh, but I do love orange roses!!   I couldn't make up my mind which of these two photos to share, so I'm sharing them both.   After all, one can't have too much orange!!



Last evening, I worked a bit on the Country Basket lapghan.  Oh my, it is really coming out so pretty.  I'll have to do another one in a variegated yarn.  I do have one yarn that has lilac, pink and white in it.  Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one.

After chatting with Deanne and Eddie, my porch just might become a reality soon.  It's just a matter of first deciding how to design it, and then build it.  I'm getting excited now.  I would love to be able to sit out on a porch and have my morning coffee and watch the birds and squirrels.  And, if we line the rails with a criss cross lattice, Pogo will be able to run around safely on the porch.  

This morning was so much better than yesterday morning.  So I guess I'm really on the mend.  Oh I can't wait to go food shopping!!!   I know, this sounds silly, but I'm use to doing things for myself, and I haven't been able to do much these past four weeks.  So a trip to Walmart will be a rather nice outing.   If that works out, I'll go to Market Basket for the next grocery trip.

I also want to do a bit of shopping at Jordans Furniture Warehouse and Bob's Furniture.  I'm looking for a new sofa for out in the main house, and a new recliner chair for me.  Eddie says he will go with me, so this is something else I have to look forward to in the upcoming days and weeks. 

Well, I think that's about all the news for this morning.  Now I'm going to open the door so that Pogo can get busy tending to all the happenings going on outside.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a glorious day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, so glad you are feeling much better! Your Orange roses are beautiful. Hugs Elee.

The Queen Jester said...

I did not know there was such a thing as orange roses, how pretty.
Your porch sounds marvelous and will be a great place for both you and Pogo to enjoy the fresh air while keeping the little guy safe.