Thursday, May 14, 2015

Have You Had Your Chocolate Salad Today?

May 14, 2015

Good afternoon.  Today's post will be a bit short.  It was a cool night here, and after getting up around
6:30 this morning to put another blanket over Pogo, I grabbed an afghan for extra cover and went back to bed.  I fell right to sleep, and stayed there until Dee and Eddie called to say that they were on their way over.

After a nice visit, the kids left, taking the box that I need mailed with them.  Yesterday, I went online and ordered the new yarns that I need to keep on with my lapghan projects.   The down side to this is that it will take about a week for the yarn order to get here.  Ah well, I have lots of other projects and yarns to work with.  I try to keep a handy supply of what I need on hand.

DIL Janet could not come by last evening because she had to work late.  So it was a quiet evening for Pogo and me.  After supper, I finished off the Easter Basket lapghan, and then put a few rows on the Claret afghan (a Christmas project). 

I watched a cooking show on TV, where the host was showing how to make a lasagna with only bread, zucchini, cheese and sauce.  It looked good, but gee whiz, when I think lasagna I think pasta.  Not bread and squash. 

I found this rather interesting sign on the web and thought I would share it with you.  I just love chocolate.  This makes it easier to eat the chocolate without feeling a bit guilty about eating that extra piece or two.  After all, everyone knows that salad is healthy and good for you.


It's time now to check the mail.  After that, I'll call my doctor to give him a progress report.  This healing is a slow process, but we'll get there.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You are lucky to get away with sleeping in. My furbabies don't allow for that here. They have little alarm clocks in their heads and at seven on the dot they start serenading me and kneeding on my chest while Izzi goes and rings her "time to go out" bell. If that doesn't work Izzi starts with a soft woof, woof which gets louder and louder the longer I ignore her ... as I don't want to wake the whole house up, I have to give in and get up. And once I am up, I am up. There is no climbing back under the covers.

I have a very busy day today. We bought a used car and I have to go take care of a service agreement, then I have to go pick up a birthday present for my neighbor. I have been talking about and looking for something for her for over a month and now it is here and I still don't have anything. Here's hoping I can find something I know she will like. And their 30th wedding anniversary is this weekend too, so I have to find something for that. I love shopping, but not under the gun. It is hard to find what you want in a panic state :)

Izzi's surgery was postponed until next Thursday because her surgeon had to have surgery, of all things. That is just weird. This whole thing is dragging out and meanwhile we can no longer do our agility and can only take short walks ... no exercise = fat!! Not a good thing for either of us. I will be glad when she is all fixed up and can be her happy little self again.

Well, my friend, I need to make some phone calls and then go get dressed and on the road. You have a wonderful restful day and I am so glad that you are finally feeling better. It will take you awhile to get your strength back ... just don't over do and relapse :) Be well, my friend.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I've always believed in the power of chocolate - it's one of the main food groups in my way of thinking.