Monday, May 4, 2015

Hats - Luxurious, Flirty And Sometimes A Bit Sexy

May 4, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is supposed to hit 79 to 82F today.  I may have to take Pogo and sit out in the warm sunshine later today.  Staying indoors doesn't seem to be getting me closer to healing, so maybe the warm sun and fresh air might help. 

I may even get to shut off the heat today and leave it off for the rest of the week.  Wouldn't that be nice!!   Pogo got to run around naked yesterday afternoon.  As soon as it gets warm enough this morning, I'll take his little shirt off again.  It's still a bit cool till about mid-morning.

My mind is working very hard at this "getting better" thing.  Unfortunately, it's the body that is not cooperating.   The mind says "Let's!" and the body says "Not today lady, not today!"   Gosh, what's a girl to do?  

Well, I've been crocheting a batch of lapghans; and yesterday, I read a bit in my phone and tablet manuals on how to better use the camera in these items.   I do learn new things, but my aging brain doesn't hold onto the information for too long.  Pretty soon, I'm back looking up the same things.  Yeah for books!!!

Here's a shot of some of my new lapghans.  Aren't these colors just yummy??  Note the bottom right lapghan is the one in that "Cheeky Pink" color. 


Yesterday I was having a bit of trouble getting some photos transferred from my phone to my laptop via email, but I solved that problem temporarily by erasing a ton of non-essential photos from my phone's photo gallery.   So today I can share photos of my girls in their Kentucky Derby hat fashions.

This is Audrey (on the right) and her friend, Miss Bea.  Looking good, ladies!


And this is Eddie and Deanne.  Oh my, those mint juleps look sooooo delicious!!


Wouldn't it be nice if we could get back into the trend of wearing these fabulous hats?  I remember when I was young - us gals always wore our hats when we dressed up or went out.  My favorites were the ones with the wide floppy brims.  I wonder whatever made us stop wearing them?  I think they are wonderful.

Yesterday, Joe cleaned out the birdies water bowl and re-filled it with fresh water.  I was going to try doing this today, but I appreciate that he did this for me.  I'm short and have trouble reaching it from both the ground and the window.

The weatherman says we'll be getting some rain tomorrow afternoon.  Well, that's okay.  The grass and the gardens will appreciate the water.   And, it will be warm, so we can keep the door open and watch the rain fall. 

I guess one of the "perks" of these golden years is that our brains now get to slow down long enough to appreciate the beauty of watching the rain fall from the sky.  Gads, that is sooooo -- wow, for once I have no words to describe something.   Hmmm, I'll have to give that some thought.

One last thing.  Have you heard anything about the new Windows 10 yet?   They say the free upgrade will be given to all who have version 7 or 8.1 already, and will be kept updated for the life of the pc or laptop, etc.  I have a bit of research to do on this, but my one big question is - what happened to a #9 version? 

On that note I'll leave you.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Annesphamily said...

It is cold and miserable here. I don't want to complain because you need to get well! Blasted pneumonia! Argh... praying you will heal soon and maybe the warm air outdoors would help. You are just suppose to rest, rest, rest with that junk! I bet Pogo loves the warm weather too. Say a prayer as we head to Kansas in the early, early, a.m. tomorrow to get Nick. It is a 7 hour drive and Hannah is coming with us. I call Nick Lady GaGa as he has more stuff than most girls I know! LOL! He said don't pack much. I said should we come there naked?! LOL! I stopped by the store earlier and got some snacks and such plus a new cooler since our other one is buried in the garage somewhere! LOL! Ah...the joys of have a two car garage! You take care and get well ok? Hugs, Anne