Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Finally On The Mend

May 27, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining and there is a small breeze coming in from the storm door.  If it gets much warmer, we will have to close the window on the door and put on the A/C.  I need to keep the indoor air breathable.

Yesterday, I had a follow up appointment with my doctor, and yes, before the visit was over, the good doctor and I had a little chat.  The outcome was that I will get my reports on printed paper, and I'll be treated much quicker to when I first get sick instead of waiting for pneumonia to set in.   I explained my feelings and fears, and we were able to agree on many things.  It was a good visit.

I did learn that my allergies are what is making this thing last so long.  So I'll be using my nose sprays, etc. along with the A/C to make it easier to breathe.  I also feel better this morning.  I'm not ready for that cup of coffee yet, but I'm up and about, and it feels good.

Alas, these past couple of days, Joe has been sick with a cold.  I just hope he did not catch anything from me.  I purposely haven't spent very much time out in the main house this whole six and a half weeks.  Later today, I will attempt to take my car to Walmart to pick up my prescription refills, and whatever Joe might need to feel better.  If I can manage this, I'm definitely on the road to recovery!!

Sometime this week, I have a couple of boxes to take to the Post Office.  That will be another outing to look forward to.  Isn't it wonderful how little things like this can make us happy? 

I have a couple more fun household tips to share with you today.   The first one is:  To prevent the soil from escaping through the hole in the bottom of the flower pot, line the pot with a large coffee filter.


Also, to prevent potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag.  Hmmm, I'll have to try this one myself!


Well, that's all my wisdom for today.  It's almost time to raid the fridge for something tasty for Pogo's lunch.  Speaking of Pogo, I really do have to make an appointment at the beauty salon for my little guy.  He's beginning to look like a lion.  Plus with this hot weather, I'm sure he'll be much more comfortable with all that hair gone. 

So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe, and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Edna, I'm so glad you got the doctor straightened out. Maybe with a lot of people who provide necessary services they just don't realize they are leaving patients behind as they plow into their "better ideas." Kudos to your doctor for "getting it" too! Now to get healthy enough to enjoy your coffee again, huh?? I hope Joe is back to 100% quickly too.

I'm in that "little adventures bring happiness" crowd too. I'll be at the grocery store in the morning! :) Then I have an in-home therapy session at 12:30. My social calling will be in the afternoon. I'm kinda looking forward to a busy day. I hope I feel that way tomorrow! hehe

I need to remember to take my potatoes out of the plastic bag when I buy them. I lost three sweet potatoes last time I bought them because I forgot. I wasn't pretty...an it didn't smell good! I occasionally buy a small bag of yellow potatoes and I'll have to remember that apple trick.

Keep feeling better and here's to a cup of coffee soon!

Hugs, Nani

Stacey said...

I am so glad that you are on the mend! glad you cleared things up with the doctor as well. I hope Joe feels better soon too! let me know how that apple/potato trick does, I'd like to know if it really works. Don't over do, we don't want you having a relapse!

The Queen Jester said...

I've used coffee filters for planters before, but I'd never heard about putting an apple in with the potatoes.

Annesphamily said...

Good tips here Edna! I sure love to use potatoes before they bud. Now I know what to do with them! Thanks! enjoy your week.