Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome to Autumn

September 22, 2014

Good morning.  And a gorgeous morning it is!!  I was able to open our door at 7:30 this morning to let in the fresh air.   The sun is shining, and it's in the mid 60's right now headed for around 72F.  Perfect!!   It's a great way to start a brand new season.  Happy Autumn!

Yesterday we had a few rain showers off and on in the afternoon, but I don't believe we are expecting any rain today.  In the morning, Joe washed the windows in my car.  I have trouble reaching the front and back windows on the inside.  He even vacuumed the inside of the car for me.  Thanks, Joe.  I really appreciate it.

Pogo and I had an enjoyable lazy day.  Either my memory has taken a leave of absence or I didn't really do anything memorable yesterday.  Hmmmm.  Oh well,I keep telling myself "I'm retired, so that's okay".

The afternoon rains made a couple of good sized puddles on the other side of the yard, and the birds had a wonderful time splashing about and bathing.  I took this photo through the kitchen window.  It looks like a huge flock of starlings have found our puddles and they're having a fabulous time.


We also had a whole flock of blackbirds (and grackles, I think) looking for food.  Unfortunately for them, there wasn't very much left in the feeder because the smaller birds had already eaten most of the food.



I guess I really did do something yesterday.  I took bird photos.  And I put a couple of programs on disk for Audrey.  Now I feel better to think that I actually did accomplish something. 

For our supper, I cooked up a couple of rib eye steaks.  Pogo loves these steaks.  I cut his meat up into really tiny pieces before I give it to him.  He also had rice with his steak, and I had spaghetti with butter and garlic with mine.  Mmmm, mmmm.

Last night I crocheted a bit on the new afghans while I got caught up with a few re-runs on TV.  Thank goodness for re-runs.  I don't like most of the programs on TV, but I do enjoy these re-runs of my favorite shows.

Now I think I'll put in a load of laundry.  It's amazing.  I don't go anywhere but I always seem to have laundry to wash.  On a positive note, it's a form of exercise, and that is good for me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

We love re-runs as well since we seem to miss so many of the shows for one reason or another. That and with our memory we know we've seen it, but can't recall how it ended so will watch it again.

smiekeltje said...

Hahahaha, I sometimes have the same problem, recalling what I did the other day! I always seem to be busy with something, but I cannot remember it really.
Doesn't matter all too much I guess,
as long as we still rememebr more important things LOL!
Have a lovely day
And reruns are practical sometimes, as we don;t always know anymore how it eneded, just as The Queen Jester said.
Hug
Kyra