Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Whole Week Of Magnificent Weather

September 9, 2014

Good morning.  Does anyone know how to stop all the spam from coming in through Blogger?  If not, does anyone know how to get rid of it all at once instead of just 100 at a time?  I have to go in once or twice a day to keep up with getting rid of this stuff.  I wonder if things are any better at Word Press?

Today's temperature feels so good.  It's supposed to be in the low 70's for the next week except for Thursday which is supposed to be in the low 80's.  There doesn't seem to be much rain in sight for us in the near future.  In one way, this is not so good because our reservoirs are all getting quite low.

I wonder, does the new Walgreen ad for flu shots bother anyone other than me?  Every time I hear it, I get really annoyed.  The ad says that for every flu shot their customers get, a flu shot will be donated overseas to needy persons.  They advertise proudly that last year they were able to send over a million flu shots to these other countries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping less fortunate people, but what about the less fortunate folks right here?  What about the homeless population?  What about all the folks who could not get the shot because they could not afford it, or worse yet because the pharmacy or doctor ran out of supplies?  I'm not going to rant on about the flu shots.  I just needed to speak my piece.

Today I have a photo taken by my SIL while she was vacationing on the Cape (Cod).  It looks so peaceful, and makes me want to make another trip to the ocean.  Thanks Edie for sharing.


I also have a photo of one of the cute ducks at our local park.  It had been sitting on this rock, preening and enjoying the warmth of the sun, when it decided to stop for a nice cool drink.


Yesterday, I got the laundry caught up, and cooked up a big pot of corn chowder.  After filling a couple of big bowls for myself, I divided the rest of it into containers for my grandson Steve (who lives in the main house) and Joe.  Unfortunately, I've never learned how to make a small pot of chowder, so I don't make this very often.

That was pretty much the excitement for the day.  In the evening, I caught up on some re-runs of Criminal Minds and put a few more rows on the cornmeal afghan.  I'm thinking that maybe tomorrow, Pogo and I will have lunch at the park.  I'll have to give my friend a call to see if she'd like to come with us.

I'd like to pass on to anyone reading this post to PLEASE PLEASE put your cell phones away while you are driving an automobile.  Unless of course your phone is synced into the car radio and is hands free to use.  A friend just lost a dear family member because a person in another car was too busy talking or texting on their phone to watch the road.  You can read about it here:  http://cozyblanket.blogspot.com.  So please put your cell phones away while you drive, and do pass this on to your children and friends.  Thank you.

Well that's about it for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

I've only had one spam here and there and have learned not to even bother reading it. Check your settings to see if you can do something to filter these more effectively.
I've seen the ads for the flu shots and one going to someplace overseas. I see your point of view, but many of the poor in this country have other programs or avenues to get these shots, where overseas they don't have any resources. I don't know if that makes you feel any better about it or not, but just something to consider.