Friday, September 26, 2014

A Few Days Of Indian Summer

September 26, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's supposed to be just gorgeous today.  At the moment, it is 60F, and should be around 72F later this morning.  Saturday through Monday should be gloriously like summer, and then it will be back to temps in the 60's with maybe a bit of rain. 

Wednesday night was a rather sleepless night, so I slept in as late as I could yesterday morning.  By the time I got up and finished a couple of errands, it was a bit too late to post here so I took the day off. 

Wednesday evening, Janet and Pogo and I went yarn shopping at an AC Moore outlet store.  I did not find what I was looking for, however, I did find some fun new yarn.  Of course!!   I got a really pretty gray yarn, and a light fern green yarn.  Now my fingers are itching to make something new, especially with the fern green yarn.  Ahhh, such a problem!

Sometime today or tomorrow, I'm hoping to go out and get a flu shot.  I think there is a clinic at our Walmart.  If not, I'll look for a CVS.  As long as Walgreen's is giving flu shots to other countries instead of to our homeless I won't go there for my shot.  Sorry, but this is a sore spot with me.

On a pleasant note, a beautiful new rose blossomed in the little garden by our kitchen window.  The colors are just scrumptious!   You can help but smile when you look at this beauty.


I also have a pretty shot of one of the blooms on the pink rose tree.  I did not adjust the color in this photo because I rather like how it looks. 


 I've been working on the country blue afghan, and it is now a couple of rows past the half way mark.  Next week is supposed to be quite cool, so I'll be back working on the lavender afghan.  These two need to be done in time for me to package them up for Christmas. 

 My living room door is open, and I'm sitting here watching our flag gently waving in the breeze.  What a beautiful sight indeed!  Today I need to try on the new things that I bought yesterday.   With all the cool weather we've been having, I need some new sweat pants.  I don't like trying  things on at the store so I buy them and try them on at home. 

Now it's time to get busy around here.  I'm thinking maybe I'll run the vacuum around a bit, and maybe do some dusting.   Joe says that tomorrow we'll try out the new chipper/shredder.  This should be fun. 

That's all the news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a magnificent weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Rose on the 1st photo is just gorgeous!
Good that you took your sleep later in the day. Somehow we have to catch the needed hours of sleep.
Do you already have an idea for the next project with your new yarns?
Here i am still working on some pillow covers.
Today should be better weather, so hopefully some garden time.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The rose in the first photo is great - those colors would look good in an afghan....Yikes! Now you have me starting to dream of these things. I just finished my second little dishcloth, learned three new stitches by doing them, so I guess I'm progressing.