Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The New "Pogo Mobile" Has Arrived

April 16, 2014

Good afternoon.  I'm a bit late posting today but I had an appointment this morning to take my car in for it's maintenance check up.  It's a good thing that I looked out the window at least an hour before I had to leave the house because my car and everything else was covered with a layer of snow.  Now that was quite the surprise! 

It's a good thing we haven't put the pansies and other plants in the ground yet.  Maybe another day or two.  Here's what it looked like this morning.



I had to run the car a while to melt the ice and snow from the windows.  Gosh, I thought Spring had finally come! 

Yesterday we got a big box delivered, and guess what it was.  If you guessed the new "Pogo Mobile" you are right.  We unpacked it and Joe put it together.  My goodness, what a beauty! 




This morning Pogo got to ride around the car dealership in his new "Pogo Mobile" without the mesh screen up and he just loved it.  Everyone there noticed right away that he had a new stroller and came over to see it.  I tell you, this little fellow is well loved every where we go.

On the way home this morning, I went through the Mall looking for the yarn and fabric store.  Son of a gun!  It's not there anymore!  Next I tried two different Walmarts.  One had no yarn at all; and the one with the new craft and yarn department was sadly lacking in supplies.  They had very little yarn, and not enough of any one color to complete a project.  I guess I will have to go online and order my yarn from the manufacturer.

Some of my daffodils are blooming so I shall go out and take a few photos this afternoon.  As for the treadmill, SIL Eddie came by with some oil to loosen it a bit, plus we put a couple of wood blocks under the corners to keep it off the carpet.  Mostly it was the carpet that was making it work so badly.  Now it works pretty good so I have no excuse for not walking and getting a bit of exercise every day.

We are having a cold spell for a few days.  The days aren't so bad, but the nights are definitely cooler.  I had shut the heat off for a few days, but it is back on now for a few days.

Well now I have some things to do around here before DIL Janet gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Love the new stroller - the boy is riding in style! It's bright and happy looking and has a nice big screen for seeing everything ...and letting everyone admire him as well!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I kind of thought you were going to get some snow ... it seems to follow when we do, you do a day or two later. And it is definately cold here even in the day.

I love the Pogomobile ... you two must have a great time out and about with him in it. I can see why everyone would love the little guy ... he is adorable.

I am busy trying to get everything ready for my Ohio trip. Izzi has school tonight so we will get any last minute details so we know where we are going on Friday. It should be fun though I checked the weather over there and it isn't going to be very warm. That is good for Izzi, because she doesn't like to run in the heat, but the rest of us will have to bundle ... and running when I am bundled ... I'm not sure how that will work.

Anyway, it is ten to seven and we have to be at class in a half hour so I better get a move on. You have a relaxing evening, Edna ... Izzi says Woo Hoo To Pogo in his new Pogomobile :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Pogo's new ride is too cute!

It's sad that you don't have a good local place for project materials! Craft supplies are something you really do want to see and touch before you buy.

We've had some of that nasty white stuff too. The Tigers got snowed out yesterday!

The nasty weather has been unkind to my flowers too. The torrential rain we had last week after all the crocuses had bloomed pretty much fished them. Then the snow we woke to yesterday had bent over the blooming daffodils. I wasn't out today, but David tells me that about half of them are trying to raise back up, but half are broken. I still have a few tulips and I'm going to add some wildflower seeds for the summer to battle with the weeds. ;)

We expect the high to be back in the high 50s tomorrow. I need to get baseball tickets soon before the spring leaves again!

Enjoy the Pogomobile!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Pogo's stroller looks superbe!
Oh gosh, you even had some snow! Not the thing we were waiting for. I hope it will be the last of winter and soon you can put your plants in the garden.
Lovely that your treadmill seems to work allight now. So it was just the carpet that slowed it down!
Who would have ever thought of that?
Craft stores, specially for knitting and such are disappearing here too. Glad I can find some yarn still in a kind of Wallmarkt store in our neighbourhood. I always like to touch the yarn first before i buy, and in those shops the price is right too LOL.
Hmmm, today I think I will do some housework, weather here is a bit acting like a yoyo, temperature speaking.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra