Thursday, April 10, 2014

Oh My, Shopping Is Soooo Good For The Soul!

April 10, 2014

Good afternoon.  Boy oh boy, did I ever sleep late this morning.  I did wake up earlier this morning, but then laid back down for a minute and woke up at 11 a.m.!  It must have been all that fresh air walking around the garden center yesterday that wore me out. 

Pogo and I had such a wonderful time oohing and ahhing over all the wonderful plants, and stopping to chat with other shoppers.  Needless to say, everyone had to stop at least once to see Pogo and give him a pat.  He is such a charmer! 

Did we do our shopping trip justice?  I think so.  We came home with a trunkful of goodies, and a promise to go back for more soon.  Here are some of the wonderful goodies that we bought.  In order of the photos, they are:  my beloved Pansies, Orange Tiger Lilies, Astilbe, Ismene, Assorted Wildflowers and a box of Echinacea bulbs. 







I bought another beautiful item, but I can't show it yet because it is a gift for someone who reads my blog on her phone every day.  I'll show a photo of it as soon as I give her the gift.    I also bought a roll of "weed cover".  I'm not sure what it is called but you put it on the ground and poke holes in it for your plants.  It helps to control the weed growth. 

In the afternoon, I had time for a short rest before DIL Janet got here.  I also went online to do a bit of shopping for Pogo, but I'll save that story for tomorrow.   Last night, I put a few more rows on my afghan before settling in for a wonderful night of slumber.  And boy oh boy, did I ever slumber!

Well that's my news for today.  It's time to go check the mail again.  Our mail lady is a bit late today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It sounds like you have been hit by spring fever quite hard! Isn't it fun, all that planning and watching things grow? I do miss the wild flowers that came up in our yard...but I am loving this life and am in no hurry to leave it.

smiekeltje said...

You had a fun day! Oh my, what wonderful goodies you brought home for your garden!
Wished I could go with you LOL!
Your garden will look so happy with all those plants!
Of course everybody in the garden centre was charmed by Pogo.
Wonderful that you had a long and good sleep too.
Have fun this weekend planting your lovely plants.
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

How fun that you got so many beautiful things at the garden center! I know you are as glad as I am that winter is FINALLY over.