Tuesday, April 15, 2014

No Moon, Just Lots Of Cloud Cover

April 15, 2014

Good morning.  I've been up since 2 a.m. so that I might get a glimpse of the lunar eclipse.  I made several trips outdoors to see if the clouds in the sky had moved on by, but alas they had not.  Between 2:30 and 3:15 a.m. the sky had a rather pretty corally red glow, but only through a cloud cover.  There were no stars or anything else to be seen. 

Pogo and I got into the car and took a short ride downtown to the supermarket parking lot so that we would have a much larger view of the sky without trees but there was still nothing to see.  By 3:30 a.m. the pretty reddish glow had also disappeared.  Bummer!

As long as we were already up, I made us breakfast, and did a jigsaw puzzle on my laptop.  Perhaps when I finish this post, I shall curl up in my lounge chair and do a bit of crocheting.  It's already raining lightly outside, so we'll probably be staying in most of today. 

We were going to be cooking an Easter dinner this year, but the only ones home will be one of the dwarfs (Helen) and Pogo and myself.  So I'll cook a special little dinner for Pogo and Helen and I will  treat ourselves to dinner out.  Sounds good to me.

The flower catalogue that I had ordered came, and oh my such big problems trying to pick out just one or two things for the garden!  Everything looks so beautiful, but alas there is only so much room in the gardens.  Have no fear, I shall work hard at choosing something.

SIL Eddie came by last night and set up the treadmill.  We both tried it out, and I must say that it probably could give one a fabulous workout if only one could actually stay on it long enough to work up a healthy sweat.  You have to be very very strong to actually make the tread part move. 

Eddie is coming by tonight to put some more oil on it.  Maybe that's why it is so difficult to use.  If that does not solve the problem, I may have to box it back up and return it.  I'm really trying, but if it takes away all my breath in only thirty seconds, then it is just not worth it.

I have no photos of this morning's fabulous moon so I'll share some of the images that friends have sent to me.





Well, there's much news so I'm going to curl up in my chair, watch a Law & Order re-run and crochet.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Cute photos of the dogs - why is it that animal photos always make you feel better?

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

No moon here either. I actually saw the moon earlier in the evening (between snow storms), but come time for the eclipse ... nada.

We got about an inch of snow and it is cold out ... really cold out. I know this happened because I boxed up all of our gloves and scarves over the weekend. We had to dig them back out in order to go out with Izzi. Of course, she is a happy camper ... she loves the snow and the cold. But, not me ... not any more this year. I am done with it. Ready for the "70's" of Spring. We actually had a single Pelican on the lake this afternoon. I am hoping more will follow. I was starting to think we had completely missed the migrating birds. We have had Commom Mergansers on the lake, but no Coots, Goldeneye or Buffleheads which we always get. And the Loons seem to have come and gone already. And yet, still no spring. Ugh ... Ugh and more Ugh!

Izzi and I are headed for Ohio this weekend. We have another Agility Trial. It will probably be cold there too, but that is okay because Izzi runs better when it is cool. I have much to do before we go. I have to plan meals for my FH and then figure out what clothes to take. We will leave Friday morning and come home Sunday afternoon. It should be fun ... the friends from agility that go are a hoot and we always have a good time. Izzi loves having a bed to sleep on in the motel and of course she loves all of the attention she gets from the other dog lovin' parents. It is fun and an excuse for more pictures.

I feel a nap coming on. I have been fighting a cold and being tired is part of it ... headed down with my book. I will read until I doze off and then sleep until someone or some furbaby decides they need my attention. You have a nice afternoon of crocheting, Edna ... Love to Pogo from the Iz.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Please be careful on that treadmill. It shouldn't be so hard, should it? I hate stress tests on those things. They scare me.
Glad the flowers and puppies warm your heart.

smiekeltje said...

Oh what a disappointment that the treadmill doesn't seem to be working nicely. No, it shouldn;t be too tough to do an exercize on it, there should be a button on it where you can install the thing and it's no good that it takes away your breath so quickly.
Perhpas the extra oil Eddy will apply, will do the trick, otherwise yes, you are bound to send it back.
You are having hard times going through the new catalogue LOL. I know all about it. Everything looks so beautiful in it and one gets very greedy.Well, if there are still too much things you would like to have, perhaps you can take out a small part of the grass and make an extra flowerbed?
Sounds good idea with Eastern to have dinner out, after you\ve made a little dinner for Helen and Pogo.
I have no idea what to make for Easter, but I will find something.
You didn;t get too much sleep last night, so perhaps a little nap later today will do you good?
Have a great day and good luck with the treadmill.
Hugs
Kyra