Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Very Own Walk-A-Thon Machine

April 13, 2014

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy outside at the moment, but the weather man promises us a sunny day with temps in the mid 60'sF.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.  I hope so because I want to get my new planters set up with flowers. 

Plus, I want to go back to the Garden Center and buy a lilac bush.  At my last house, I had so many beautiful lilacs in both purple and white.  I miss them so.  I also had a mock orange bush at one time, and it smelled so sweet.  Hopefully, I can get another one.

Friday I gave Dee Dee a glass planter filled with light purple tulips.  They are so beautiful and she can plant the bulbs in her garden after the blooms have gone by.  Here's a photo of these beauties.


She went with me Friday to pick up my new Walk-A-Thon machine.  Now I will be able to walk a little bit every day, even when it is raining.  (That's supposed to be a bit of humor.)  SIL Eddie brought it in the house for me, and hopefully he'll come back soon and set it up.  I tried to do it myself, but the darn thing is too heavy for me to lift.  I took this photo from the cover on the box.
 
 
There are no special frills on this contraption, just the basics.  I'm just wondering if this gadget can make my body look like this one again.  What do you think?  Hmmm? 

Did anyone notice that gorgeous moon yesterday evening?  When I got to work, the moon was just sitting up there in the sky looking so beautiful, so of course I had to take some photos.


The pink afghan that I am working on is almost finished.  It needs less than twenty more rows and I can start the next one.  However, it is too big to take to work with me now, so last night I took the yarn for the new green afghan and got that one started.  I was going to use a different pattern, but after tearing everything out twice, I decided to use the same pattern as the pink afghan.  I can work on this one at work and the pink one at home.

Yesterday, Joe cleaned out most of the garden areas, so we'll be able to plant the new bulbs and flowers this week.  He also cleared a big area where we can plant a lot of wildflower seeds.  I may even pick up a few hostas for that same area. 

There are little green leaves coming on my rose bushes, so it's really feeling like Spring here.  All my daffies and tulips are coming up.  The daffodils are budding so pretty soon we'll have some beautiful splashes of yellow in the garden.

That's my news for today.  Before I go, I want to share an adorable photo that Deanne took of her beautiful Kitty.  Kitty was lying on her back on a chair (this is how she sleeps) and it looked as if she were saying her prayers.  "Now I lay me down to sleep......."


Now I do believe I should maybe run the vacuum or wash the dishes before I snuggle under the covers for a nap.  Then again, maybe I'll wait until after my nap.  Hmmm, decisions, decisions!  So, till  tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

If the walk-a-thon works for you, I'll have to find space for it someplace in See-More.

The tulips are lovely. I'm just seeing them coming up here in Indiana.

That cat does look like he's praying - very cute photo.

It's nice here today, but they say rain is coming and with it some very low temps. We're hoping we don't have to disconnect our hoses to protect them. Next year we're not coming back so early.

You have a good day now!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh the weather ... it used to be that when you talked about the weather it was because you didn't have anything else to talk about. But these days, the weather is what everyone talks about because it is absolutly crazy. Yesterday we hit 80 ... yes, you heard me right ... 80! Today we are going up to 60 then dropping off to the 30's! The 30's, are you kidding me ... What the hay! And what is worse it is to stay in the 30's and 40's all next week. What happened to Spring, UGH!

I want to see you when you look like that picture. If you can do that then there is hope for all of us. I have a walking machine ... her name is Izzi. I have to take her out several times a day and, depending on the weather (there's that word again), I try to take a decent walk with her while we are out. When the weather gets better we will start walking in the Forest Preserves again. I look forward to that and I am hoping, after this long cold winter, that the tick population won't be so bad this year. Anyway, with all of the walking I never end up looking like that picture ... or even any different, but I do feel better and that is a good thing.

I sat and watch the moon through our big windows as I was watching TV ... I was too lazy to get up and get my camera. Maybe that isn't fair ... maybe I was just too tired. I have been so busy the last few weeks and it isn't going to get any better any time soon. With the moving and cleaning going on in the inside and the need for yard work on the outside, I have no hope of a break. I am really pooped already. Hopefully all of this will make me stronger, but it makes me more tired just thinking about all I have to do.

Well, Edna, my friend I am off to clean windows and hang curtains ... you have a wonderful day and Izzi sends her love to Pogo. She really appreciates all the hugs and kisses he sends to her. Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Your purchase makes me think that I need one of those. If I could get my bum out and just walk. I have been more active since the weather has improved. We have had three beautiful days.....a little wind but that's okay. It is supposed to snow on Tuesday. Geez.
It's funny that you mentioned the moon. Last night I got up to use the Lu and looked out the window. The back yard was so lit up. I couldn't see the moon from there but I knew it was nice and full. We had the windows open all night last night. It was refreshing to look out and feel the air.
Enjoy your week ahead. Hubby will be home on Monday and Wednesday so mine will go fast. Lots of upcoming changes that I can't put on my blog. Or I should say "maybe" some changes.
xo

smiekeltje said...

You've been busy it seems! Again to the Garden Centre, oh my, I am a bit jealous of you LOL.
Lilacs are sooo pretty!And you have enough room for it in your garden!
Soon you will have lots of color in the garden and it will be nice to sit out there, looking around and enjoying it!
Are you sure your "walking machine"will help you>
Okay,they didn;t make them for nothing, so I suppose they are good for something, but I am afraid it will not get you the figure of the picture on the box cover ROFL. Not necessary either, but perhaps you can loose a couple of pounds, if you need too.
You should take a photo of yourself, when you are at the machine!
Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra