Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Keeping Our Critters Happy

April 8, 2014

Good morning.  It's a bit wet outside but the sun is supposed to make an appearance later today.  In the meantime, it's a great morning to be lazy and watch TV and crochet.  It's warm today, 50 F now, and reaching 61 this afternoon.  Yes, yes, yes! 

I had a restless night, waking up every hour and finally staying awake around 3 a.m.  Definitely not my idea of fun!  After a weekend of working all night long, it takes a while for my system to get back to a decent sleep pattern.  I'm used to this though.  That's why I love my naps.  They help to keep me on track. 

I have a fun photo to share today.  Yesterday, Joe put out food for our yard critters, along with some cookies.  Did you know that squirrels love cookies?  Have a look at this happy little camper!  I took this shot through our kitchen window.


I have photos of another of the duck families that live in our park.  The park is in a very diversified city, and our ducks are becoming quite diversified too.  Aren't they just beautiful?




Yesterday, we went out into the yard, and Joe pruned the butterfly bushes.  Now we just have to bag up the branches and finish cleaning out the garden area so that all the new plants can grow tall.  The blossoming cherry tree that we planted a few years ago is getting quite tall now.  I can't wait to see the new blossoms this year. 

Last night I worked on my newest pink crochet project.  It's coming along, and is now about at the halfway mark.  I'm anxious to get it finished so that I can start my next one.  I also have a pattern for a hooded scarf that I want to try.  Gosh, so much to do and only two little hands!

That's all my news for today.  Now I want to go online to see about buying a new stroller for Pogo.  The zipper on the one we have now has finally broken, and I can't fix it.  I think maybe Pogo won't mind a different color stroller either.   Something other than pink!  So on that note I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Debby said...

That lucky Pogo. I should get on for Izzy. I want to take Piper on a walk but Izzy can't walk very much or she will hurt her leg again.
I have been reading and not commenting lately. Sorry. I read in bed and it is hard to comment laying down, hah.
I once took a picture of a squirrel eating a chocolate chip cookie. It was in the mountains.....looked so much like your munchkin.
I have had a couple of not so good days. No sleep one night and such an anxious feeling. Now a migraine. I wish I could figure out the sleep thing.

smiekeltje said...

Sorry you had a bad night with not much sleep. It's always hard to get into a "normal"rythm when you have nightshifts to do. I hope this night you will have a longer sleeping time!That squirrel is so really cute!
Don't now what it is about squirrels, I know they sometimes can be a pest, but they have such naughty and sweet expressions on their face LOL.
Here we have already lots of trees that blossom, some of them almost finished with it! Yeah, everything is very early this year, think it's because of the winter we practically didn;t have.
Your crochet project is advancing, how nice.
And you are already thinking about starting another LOL.
Well, as long as we keep ourselves busy with something, no harm is done, isn;t it?
Have a nice day, oh, Pogo will be thrilled to have a new stroller!
Hugs
Kyra