Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's Time To Play Ball!!

April 6, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it is looking to be a beautiful day here in New England. Maybe Pogo and I can sneak a few minutes out in the yard today before it's nap time.  You just can't believe what a crab apple the Mrs' was last night.  Sheesh!  Cross your fingers for me that she's in a better mood tonight.

Friday afternoon I went to my grandson Kevin's baseball game at our local Rox Stadium.  What a nice surprise, it is such a neat stadium.  Obviously, I've never been there before, but for sure I'll be going back again soon.   We did not win, but it was a great game.  Here are a few shots of our future Red Sox Rookie in action.  (He's #6, third baseman)






You'll have to pardon me for bragging a bit, but I'm very proud of this young man.   He started life as a two pound preemie and has really come a long way.  His junior prom is coming up soon.  Wow, but how the years have flown by. 

Saturday was a lost day for me.  For some reason, I was super tired.  I have those days now and then, and just stay under the covers as long as I can.  I do get up to feed Pogo and change his pee pad, but other than cuddling, I don't play much on these days.  Thank goodness they are only once in a while. 

Deanne is supposed to be stopping by soon, so I'll take my leave here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

OH how I love baseball! You know my father was a catcher. He played semi pro ball when my two older siblings were toddlers! I knew so much about the game because of him. He knew everything about baseball. My brother Ed's middle daughter Sarah was a pitcher. Oh she would have done amazing things but passed away in his first year of college from a rare form of blood poisoning. I am sure she and my dad are having some baseball chats in heaven. My mom loved the game because of my dad. He would quiz her while watching games. It was fun to watch them. My sister told me once a few years before her passing my mom was searching the channels for baseball and my sister kept saying "Ma it's over, no more baseball til Spring." She was a junkie too! I think baseball speaks volumes for America, apple pie and good old fashioned fun! Wow! You have a reason to be proud. What a great ball player you have! It is nice thinking baseball and not snow! You will laugh, my father was a die hard Yankees fan so we were raised to dislike the Red Sox intensely! LOL! I understand your love for them, my dad always said, one should always root for the home team and he would have loved our Colorado Rockies. They don't have much pitching and often start out great and slowly fall to the bottom of the rankings. LOL! But I will root for them and always love baseball. This was a great post. Hope you feel better soon. I think sometime Spring fever hits us hard after cooped up with the long cold winters. Have a beautiful day! Hugs, Anne

Nani said...

Fantastic pictures! And you have every right in the world to be a proud grandma! When I was a producer I did a lot of HS baseball games and I see lots of minor league games now. It's not a huge difference between varsity & A-league. They're quality young players!

I'm sorry to hear it was a sluggy-Saturday and then the Mrs had a crabby night on top of that. I hope the news tomorrow is that it was a much better Sunday!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Kevin looks terrific in those action photos! Sure you are proud of him!
Pity they lost, but as long as it was a great game, time was spent well.
Oh, that Mrs is a character! You never know how her mood will be. LOL

I recognize those days of feeling tired, they sometimes just happen. we have to endure them, make the most of it( lots of sleep as possible, hahahah), that way they pass quickly and most of the time next day you are feeling better.
Surely wishing you a much better day today!
Hugs
Kyra