Monday, August 29, 2016

A "Pampering" Day For Pogo

August 29, 2016

Good morning.  Right now it is lovely.  The temp is 72F and there's a wonderful breeze.  However, that will change in a couple hours to hot and sticky.  I woke early, around 5:30 a.m. and opened the door and the screen to let in the cool air.  Then I went back to sleep.  Ahhhhh.

Yesterday was a rather quiet day here, with not much happening.  I did work on the scarlet afghan and finished it.  Maybe tonight I'll work on the last afghan for a while.  It will be good to get that one finished too. 

I also worked on a bracelet.  This one is really pretty and almost finished .  I just have to wait for a couple more charms (that I ordered) to come in.  Sorry, I cannot show photos just yet.  I'll take some and save them in a folder for a post after the Christmas holidays. 

Now that the butterfly bush has been transplanted to the porch side of the house, I'm hoping to be able to see a few butterflies out here.  There really hasn't been very many of them around this summer.  (in my yard)  I dug into my photo archives for a couple photos of the butterflies from a previous summer. 



This lilac colored blossom is from the butterfly bush that we lost during the winter we had so much snow.  When I buy another butterfly bush, I'll be wanting another colorful one, because the plant that survived all the snow has white blossoms.

I think today I'll give Pogo a nice soothing bath.  No flea chemicals in this bath.  Just a nice smelling, skin softening lotion type of shampoo.  My poor little guy's skin is getting so dry from all the flea sprays and baths.  Plus he gets double the dose of flea medication because of his allergy to the fleas.  So today will be a "pampering" day for Pogo. 

The sun has gone behind some clouds for a while, so I think I'll bathe Pogo now and we'll sit out on the porch while I dry him off and brush him.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Nice you had a quiet day and the pampering day for Pogo sounds good too,
we don;t have many butterflies here either, but that can be due to the fact, there aren;t many gardens with lots of greenery and flowers.
utterfly bushes have lovely colors, there is a real dark purple one, a light purple, white, and pink and even something like a burgundy color(I think).
I like the dark purple one most.
Went to the market yesterday, did it all in a quiet pace, came home with some things just enough for the week.
It was just the good weather for it
Today looks to be already nicer, so may be Jan and I will go somewhere this afternoon. Not sure yet, but would be nice
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra