Thursday, January 22, 2015

Winter Storm Iola On Her Way Here

January 22, 2015

Good morning.  I'm watching the Weather Channel, and I guess January is not going to go out without dumping a ton of snow on us.  Or maybe lots of rain?  Or maybe both.  Either way, something is on its way here probably by tomorrow or Saturday.   And maybe even more next Monday and Tuesday.  We'll just have to wait and see.

All of this means that I definitely have to get out today to do a couple of errands and pick up a few groceries.   Once the storm Iola arrives here with her wintry mix, Pogo and I may not go back out for a few days. 

The word for Day 22 is "hope".  I thought about what to photograph until I realized I had the perfect subject.  I recently placed an order for a couple of things, but needed one more inexpensive item in order to get the free socks that were being offered.  (I'll get back to the socks in a later post.)  Well, my order arrived yesterday, and this is the extra item that I had ordered.  It's a "Pumpkin Starter Garden".  I have "hope" that Spring is coming, and we will be growing pumpkins in our garden soon.


Per a request in the comments, if anyone needs information or help on making a Blog Book, just send me an email and I'll be glad to help you. You can find my email in my Profile.  Once you get started on these wonderful books, you'll get hooked.  But they are a great way to leave behind a bit of your life for your family.

Yesterday, SIL Eddie came by and got my new oven all set up.  We only ran into one problem.  He will have to come back in put in a new outlet for my microwave.  I do not like having the oven and the microwave sharing the same outlet.  But, Eddie is an electrician, so he can take care of this for me. 

Today I have another interesting article from the newspaper that I thought cat-lovers might like.  Did you know that there apps for your tablet that lets your cats play all sorts of fun games?   Among these new apps are "Paint For Cats", "Game For Cats". "Catzilla", "Pocket Pond" and "Cat Fishing".


Two years ago, the SPCA in Los Angeles received a couple of used tablets, and downloaded "Paint For Cats" to see if any of their homeless cats were hiding inner artists.  Two of them, dubbed Pawblo Picasso and Frida Catlo, created abstract art that looked like fuzzy circles, and the organization turned it into sellable notecards.

So, folks if you are thinking of trading up to a newer tablet you might consider donating your used device to an animal shelter.  Think of all the fun these poor homeless darlings could have playing on your old tablets.

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  I'm going to enjoy my cup of coffee while I think of what to photograph for tomorrow's word.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs , Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I was planning to come back and leave a comment about your magic touch for making dust bunnies look so good. I need to learn how to do that! ;)

As for today...

I think we've been getting more storms in the winter since The Weather Channel started naming them. Whoever is responsible for making that happen needs to stop or they should find someone else who does the job better.

I love your logic! Buying a little something extra to get the free socks is something I'd definitely do, and baby pumpkins is something I might choose too! I use the simple logic that if I buy one more item that's less expensive than the free gift or free shipping, which I LOVE,then that item is actually free too because I would have spent more if I didn't buy it either paying the shipping or buying the free item. You'll have to be sure to photograph the pumpkins in all their orange splendor when they grow!!

I think the cat artists and their names are fantastic! I have a Friskies kitty-fishing app on my tablet. Kaline had the high score until David tried it. He bumped me from the high score on MY tablet for a game I downloaded to work on my hand coordination too. (See he's not perfect all the time!) ;) The only thing is that Kaline has a short attention span for the game so she pretty much plays it once when I open it and walks away. Marco doesn't slow down enough to check it out and Carla is a little afraid of it yet. I wonder if Kaline would have a greater attention span for art?

I'll definitely keep this in mind hen the time comes that I look to upgrade my iPad. But I think I should finish making the payments before I worry about upgrading. hehe

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

You be sure to keep us posted on the pumpkins!
Hahaha, an app for cats on a tablet. I don;t think it will be something Brodski will care much about. as "youngster"I guess they didn;t play much with him, so in a way he doesn't know what it is to keep himself occupied for a little time. as long as I move things around and in the air, he might do some jumps or ticks it with his paw and then it is over again.
Or perhaps he is just a lazy cat?
Be sure to do your errands today, so you definately can stay in when the storm arrives.
Must do a few things myself today, but weather looks okay till now.
Going to post now, so I wish you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kyra