Monday, January 5, 2015

Storm Gorgon Coming In Right Behind Storm Frona

January 5, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, this weather is strange.  Yesterday never got up into the 50's until around 11 p.m. last night.  Shortly thereafter, it cooled down to around 40F.  The fog forecast for the morning arrived mid afternoon, and the "lots of rain" did not happen. 

Right now, it is 35F and dropping.  Tonight will be in the low teens, and Thursday is supposed to be the coldest day of the week with a high of 17F.   This new winter storm "Gorgon" is bringing this new batch of wicked cold temps and possible snow later in the week.  I feel really bad for folks in the central region of the country.  They are dealing with -0 temps.  Brrrrr!

 As promised, I took a photo of the blue afghan that I am working on.  This will be for my grandson Kevin. 

 
There's not much happening here.  When it's cold like this, I only go out when I absolutely have to.  Tomorrow, I have an appointment, so I will do all my errands while I'm out.  Then I'll hibernate again until it's time to go food shopping.  These days I'm very grateful that I have the remote starter in my car.  It was definitely a very good investment.
 
Now I'm going to clean off another pantry shelf or two, and then settle down with a hot cup of coffee and a crochet hook.  The Game Show Network (on TV) has been showing a lot of the old time game shows, so I think I'll watch a few of them. 
 
On that note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.



3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, good morning, at least it is still morning here in Texas! Happy New Year, I see by your post that you have had a good start to 2015. I like the idea of the jar with the notes, think I will try that as well, should be interesting reading, if I remember to do it...LOL!
Love the gray afghan and the blue one too. I wish I could get into crocheting, but I just can't...guess it is not for everyone, right?
We had a lovely Friday up in the mid to upper 50's with lots of sunshine (after a week of gray dreary days and just a little rain),but Saturday morning it was 26 with a wind chill of 14 and yesterday was pretty and sunny, but oh so cold, We awoke to 22 degrees and only warmed to just above freezing and this morning, cold again but at least the wind has died down and the sun is shining nice and bright and we are to obtain maybe 40 today before another front hits us dropping us back into the teens by Thursday morning. I think the cold is attacking all of us this year!
I, too, hibernate during the cold only voyaging out when absolutely necessary for cat food...LOL!
Well, enough chit chat for today, off this computer for a spell. You and Pogo have a terrific week, will drop by again later!
Hugs to both, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

We finally had a nice warm day with sunshine! First time we've sat outside to read in a long time...so hopefully your weather will improve soon as well.

smiekeltje said...

Brrrr, not really nice weather. You do righjt to hibernate as much as possible at the moment LOL.
Lovely color of the afghan for Kevin. How is he doing at the moment? Already recovered from coming up pneumonia? Hope he did.
Didn't do all the things I wanted yesterday so some of it is waiting for today. Also have to go out today or may be tomorrow for some food shopping, I think today will be best weather wise spoken.
Have a great hibernation day, my friend!
Hug
Kyra