Sunday, January 4, 2015

Storm Frona, You Are Wicked!!

January 4, 2015

Good morning.  Wow, what wicked weather we're having.  Yesterday was cold, but tolerable.  Last night, the snow started and after a few hours it turned to ice pellets.  Next the light rain and fog moved into our area.   Today we are expecting warmer temps with lots more rain before the wicked cold creeps back in tonight.  I'll be glad when storm Frona finally blows out to sea.

This morning there are all sorts of little footprints in the snow outside my door.  I haven't yet figured out what sort of critter made the prints.  It certainly does not look like they belong to birds or chipmunks.  Oh well.

Folks, you may have noticed that I've had to turn on the moderator on the comments page.  I'm hoping that this will get rid of the spammers for a while.  In just two or three days, they dumped almost 2000 spams into some of the comment sections on this blog.  It took a while to find and get rid of all of them.

Joe is busy this morning taking down their Christmas tree and putting all the decorations away.  I'll be taking my little tree in a few days.  Unfortunately, I will have to replace my tree because the cord gets too hot when you plug it in.  I am very afraid of house fires, so I've only been able to plug in my tree for a few short times.  Before I dispose of this tree, I will cut the cord off so that no one else tries to use it.

Friday afternoon, I dug out the jar I had been saving, labeled it and set it on top of the bookcase.  I've already put one piece of paper in it.  It's going to be fun reading all the bits of "happenings" that will be in the jar by the end of the year.   (I took this photo before I put the slip of paper into the jar.)


I started cleaning up and putting away gifts and Christmas bags.  Thank goodness I check all the bags before folding them up because I found a really precious photo in the bottom of one of the bags.  The photo is a gift to Pogo from his friend Izzi.  Pogo and I just love it!!


Last evening, I worked on the blue afghan.  I'll have to take a photo of it to show how pretty it is.  I'd like to finish this one before starting another new one.  It would be nice to have a few of these finished and put away before vacation time gets here.

Today, I'm finally taping some programs on to DVD for daughter Audrey.  One of the programs has eight one hour episodes, and I'd like to get this one finished today so that I can mail it off to Audrey this week. 

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, I am glad you found the picture too ... there was a little picture holder that went with it ... did you find that?

We are getting snow today and tomorrow and then it is going to drop to below zero ... on Wednesday the high for the day will be zero. Ugh ... it was 50degrees here last weekend. My body doesn't know what to do with these big shifts in temperature. Your weather is a bit scary ...sounds like all that rain is going to turn to ice. Be careful Edna ... staying in might be the best way to deal with it.

My little tree (if you can call it that) has to stay up until the 24th. That is when my Granddaughter is coming and my son and his fiance will be here by then too. We will have a little Christmas with them since none of them were able to be here for it on the real day. Meanwhile I am in cleaning mode ... Ugh. I am doing, not the dust bunnie type of cleaning, but the going into cabinets and closet type of cleaning. When that is done, I will start with the surface cleaning so it will at least look clean to the naked eye:) Getting as much done as I can before the kids come back so I have more time to spend with them and helping her get used to our customs and weather ... that will be hard. She is cold when it reaches 65 there ... I don't think she can even imagine what it is like here.

Soon our TV programs will be back ... thank goodness. We have been watching movies in the evening and some are good and then some are NOT. I hate wasting my evening on a Not so good movie :)

Today I am going to tackle one of my display cases. I will take everything out and wash it, clean the inside, take pictures of each piece, then put it back. Sounds easy, but I have four display cases and they are all over stuffed. I am hoping to sell most of my collections this year. I don't have any use for them and my kids are not interested in them ... and if I don't get rid of them, my son will be stuck with the job. He has no idea what anything is worth, so I would rather do it now and at least get some of them into homes that will appreciate them. A Big job and I am not looking forward to it.

Well, you have a nice cozy, warm day inside, Edna. Hugs to the little boy and to your two purrbabies. I am headed down to get myself started.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Annesphamily said...

Weather is annoying! I am tired of the ice, the cold, the bitter, horrible cold, the wind! Am I whining? Sigh, yes I am! I want Springtime and I want it soon. Today was the birthday of my late mother. Missing her terribly after all these years. She passed away in 2001. Taking a little road trip with our oldest Noelle and youngest Nick. Rebekah our middle may join us as she has a day off tomorrow from working the holidays! My nephew Ed is visiting from Kentucky so we are visiting more relatives in Pueblo. LOL! At least we have a slight break from the bad weather. Love Pogo's gift. SO sweet. Take care Miss Edna

Debby said...

Keep warm and cozy. The storm will soon be here. High winds and dropping temps. I haven't left the house in 6 days. Poor hubby has had to shop and wait on me. He goes back to work in the morning. I will try to venture out for dog food brfore the snow starts. Can you save the branches of th tree for decorating. Or put the tree outside with pine cones covered with peanut butter and bird seed. Have a good week. Be careful.

smiekeltje said...

Hopefully the bad weather will move away soon in your area! Till now we still cannot complain all too much about the "winter"weather here, as there is almost not.
Perhaps you can take out the lights of your tree and replace them with another string of lights next year? That could solve the problem.
Good you checked all the bags and wrapping, because the photo of Izzi and Pogo is sweet!
Now will go to post, although there isn;t all too much to tell, and then some "projects"are planned to do this day, hopefully I will accomplish some of them LOL!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Kyra