Friday, January 2, 2015

Spring Is Only 78 Days Away!!

January 2, 2015

Good morning.  Today will be a few degrees warmer, I think.  (only a few though)  Old Man Winter might be a likable old sort, but he can't leave my area soon enough for me.  I am just not a winter type person.  I need sunshine and warmth.  Thank goodness that Spring is only 78 days away.

And even better, vacation is only 58 days away.  Woo Hoo!!   Pogo and I have already figured out what we want to pack to take with us.  Aside from clothing, we'll pack one of his soft quilty houses, and we'll take his stroller.  Unfortunately, we'll have to leave his sofa here at home.  It's just too big to take with us.  (and it doesn't fold up!)   Oh well, he'll get over it.

I am so looking forward to visiting the area flea markets (in our area of Florida), and sitting out on my screened in porch all day long.  I would like to have a porch like this on my house, but I would only get to use it a few months a year. 

Today, I want to post the cover and first page of my new calendar.  For some reason, I ended up with extra calendars this year, so if you got one last year, but not this year, please let me know and I'll send one to you.  I apologize for my forgetfulness.



I have a photo of the new afghan that I started a few nights ago.  This one is gray, and I really like it.  Why do I have more than one afghan going at the same time?  Because sometimes I get bored, and I can put down the one I'm working on and work on a different one for a while.   Well anyway, here's the photo of my pretty gray afghan.  I'm thinking that I might like to keep this one for myself.   We'll see.
 
 
A couple of months ago, I found an interesting image on the web, and I've been saving it to share with you now.   I've never really heard of doing this before, but I think it's quite an interesting idea.  I'm thinking that I might make myself a jar later today and give this a try.
 
 
I've been saving a plastic (jar) container for no special reason, but I knew it would come in handy one day.  Today I will put a 2015 label on it and see what happens throughout the year. 
 
That's about all my news for today.  In the winter, I'm a rather dull person.  Sit and crochet, sit and watch TV, play with the dog, visit with the dwarfs out in the main house, food shop once a week, pop in an occasional load of laundry, wash the dishes, and occasionally give the vacuum cleaner an obligatory run around the room. 
 
I will have to work on making my days a bit more interesting.  Yesterday, I did not give my new bodyblade a workout, so today I think I may exercise a bit with it.  I'm not sure how long it takes to get rid of the turkey gobbles on the arms, but obviously two times did not do the trick. 
 
Oh well, now it's time to get dressed and find some new mischief to get into today.  So, till Sunday,  Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.
 
Hugs, Edna B. 

8 comments:

LV said...

Some days are just lazy days. At least with me when it is cold and bad weather. Trust you have a nice enjoyable vacation. Suzanne had a post up on the first. They are in the house, but I still have LOTS of their things over here. Trust she gets it in a few days. I understand she received several nice gifts during December from bloggers. Send me an email. I lost yours and cannot find it. Blessings to you.

Kathy said...

That is such a great idea about the jar. You could call it your "Blessings Jar".

Have a happy new year! Wishing you all the best.

Debby said...

I like the jar idea. I have seen others with similar ideas just recently. Stay warm and cozy when it's cold out. I really like the afghan you are working out. Pogo is one lucky doggie.

Linda said...

Hello Edna, just popped in to wish you a fantastic 2015...

smiekeltje said...

An optimistic start of your blogpost..Spring only 78 days away!! Yippee, cannot wait till it is there.
Good idea to put already away a few things to take with you on your upcoming holiday. It will make it easier and less stressfull at the time you really have to pack .
That jar might be a good idea too. I only am afraid that I might start with it but then leave it alone later on in the year. Still it could be worth a try.
Don't worry about the "not so interesting days"specially in winter. I have the same, and sometimes bothers me too, and then I contemplate on it and am happy when I can say nothing serious has happened.
That grey afghan really looks nice, and yeah, why not keep one for yourself?
Today it will be raining, may be even all day, so I only have to find a dry moment to get the newspaper and return quickly home again.
Jan and I made a great decision to start the new year LOL. We agreed not to take care of any official stuff(sending forms and organizing them etc.) during this weekend. We will start taking care of that Monday, but just will enjoy this weekend, pretending nothing is going on. I know, it is oistrich behaviour, (putting it's head in the sand, you know)LOL, but once in a while we have the right to it, hahaha, that's what we say.
You have a wonderful quiet weekend, dear, and dream during your sleep about your holiday!
Hugs
Kyra

agravette said...

I love the jar idea! And I'm counting down the days until spring too...once Christmas is over, I'm ready for winter to be over as well, and unfortunately, it's just getting started. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

The Queen Jester said...

Looking forward to spring myself. We've had such a cold spell here. I know mornings with 28 degrees isn't as bad as some, but darn it....cold is cold.

Annesphamily said...

Edna, I love hearing your stories. I think my favorite thing about blogging is meeting people who are so honest and real. Makes me smile. I don't have a huge, fancy house or lots of things. So I love hanging out with people that share their hearts. Thanks for being such a friend. Hugs, Anne

PS Love that Blessing Jar as many call them. I need one, with all my sad days about job loss etc. I need to concentrate on the positive.