Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Oh Baby, It's Cold Outside

January 7, 2015

Good morning.  I say that with a smile on my face, but I really want to say "Grrrrrrr!!!, it's cold!!"   I know, I am so wimpy when it comes to the cold weather.  It was only 10F degrees during the night, and I don't think it is much warmer right now.

In my right mind, I realize that there are others trying to cope with even colder temperatures, and I really do try not to complain, but darn I don't like this cold!!  This kind of weather gives me the doldrums.  (Now there's a word you don't hear very often!)  I don't want to go out, or do much of anything.  Once I actually get out the door, I'm okay, but it's the getting out the door that is difficult.

Yesterday, Pogo and I went out to do a couple of errands and keep my appointment at the nail salon.  Would you believe?  It was snowing!  And it snowed all day.  Granted, it was a light snow and did not amount to much more than a dusting.

Last night, I broke down and put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants to sleep in.  Yup, it was that cold.  And I think I'm going to keep these warm jammies on all day today.   Hang in there self, it's only 74 more days till Spring.

I found a really nice saying on a friend's blog and thought I would share it here.  This one is special because most everyone in my family had (or has) light blue eyes.  I have hazel eyes, and three of my children got either brown or hazel eyes.   So this is for all the blue eyes.


I also found another really cute image on the web that seems quite fitting for mine and Pogo's late night raids on the refrigerator.  It sort of takes the guilt away from having our late night snacks.


I've been watching QVC shopping channel on TV all morning, and they have had some really great ideas for household clean up and storage.  I've been really good, I did not order anything.  But, I enjoy watching all the different products and ideas.

Now I think I'm going to make a nice hot cup of coffee, and enjoy it while I think up some fun mischief to get into today.  I may even have to run the vacuum.  I believe I injured a few dust bunnies  by stepping on them when I walked across the floor this morning. 

Gosh, have you ever heard a dust bunny cry out?  Gee, they sound so pitiful.   I may have to stay curled up in my lounge chair till Spring.  It's really too cold to throw all the little bunnies outside.  You know, dust bunnies got to live too!

That said, I'm off to the kitchen to make that coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Gee, Edna, it is way colder there than here. It's in the 20s and I don't want to go out of the door either. But there's this thing called work and wanting to eat and pay bills to have a roof over my head.

I'm glad I'm not the only person counting down to spring!

The Queen Jester said...

As a blue eyed person I like your statement. I also agree with the minion about the fridge light.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I enjoy your blog. My name is Beth and I have to agree with the cold. I have just gotten over the dreaded flu and I think that I am trying to relapse as I cannot get warm at all.
I love the blue eyed analogy. I have blue eyes and most of it fits me perfectly.
Totally love the little Minion and his reasoning! Well I just wanted to say hello.

smiekeltje said...

Both images have great texte. I have green with a bit of grey eyes, jan has dark brown ones LOL.The one of the fridge sounds real good!
When i don;t have to go out, these days i love to be in my sweat pants and fleece sweater and i wear all the time your slippers/housesocks you sent me for Christmas. Oh, they are so comfy and warm!
It is just as you say, once out in the air, it isn't too bad, but getting out of the door is the most difficult LOL.
Perhaps I need to go out for a moment today, but it will be later today, if I go!
Yesterday jan and I removed all Christmasdecorations, they are stashed away again for next time, I gave the room a good dusting and vacuum cleaning, and in the evening Jan said to me:"Gosh, we are looking into a quite empty room, it is a strange sight".
But now that is done I am pleased with it.
Never ever actually payed attention to the dust bunnies protesting, but I try to remove them not too abruptly next time hahahahaha!
Have a lovely day and stay warm!
hugs
Kyra