Thursday, January 29, 2015

Just Fifty One More Days Till Spring

January 29, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, it's cold this morning.  Currently it is 9F degrees and the sun is shining.  The weather man says that it will get up to around 32F degrees sometime today.  Then we have more snow coming during the night, and rain and freezing rain for tomorrow.  Well now, isn't that nice!

I'm watching the Weather Channel, and they are showing all the side streets in Boston, and all the cars still buried in snow.  The problem now is that all that snow has to be carted away, but to where?   There's no where to throw the snow when you shovel out all these vehicles, so it will be a while before some of the cars make it out of their icy spots. 

I have a solution, but they are not asking me.  (What else is new?  lol.)  They could start at one end of a street with a plow, a back hoe and a couple of dump trucks, and dig out one car at a time and put the snow into the dump truck.  After a while the whole street would be cleared and all the cars could go back to their parking spots.  The snow in the dump trucks could be carted away and dumped into the ocean. (or somewhere suitable)

We have two more nasty winter spells coming our way for tonight and tomorrow, and then again for Sunday into Monday.  It looks like there is even more snow coming mid week.  I, for one, will be ever so glad to see Spring coming with her warm sun and green leaves.  Just 51 more days folks!

I did not do a "word" photo for today but I have more pix of our birdies.  These first two photos show a little finch (I think it is a finch) enjoying lunch at the plate on top of the snow, and the next photo shows another little one enjoying his lunch under my car.



These next two photos feature a tiny wren.  In the first shot, he is pecking at a snow covered branch, and in the second photo, he is perched on one of my windshield wipers checking out the food situation.  (at least that what I think he is doing)



Yesterday afternoon, Joe cleared off my car, and then cleared all the heavy snow off the porch roof.  At least now I won't be worrying about the roof when the freezing rain and snow comes tomorrow.   I think we'll go food shopping this afternoon when Joe gets home from work so that I don't have to go out tomorrow. 

I'm hoping to go back to Market Basket to do our food shopping because I found a brand of doggie food there that Pogo will eat.  It's the Market Basket brand of "gourmet dinners" .  I bought some last week to try, and every day Pogo eats at least half of it to all of it for his breakfast.  Woo Hoo!!!

I have some fun photos that Dee Dee sent to me, but I'll save them for tomorrow.  Right now, my tummy is telling me that it wants a bit of food.  So, till tomorrow Y'all be warm and have a fabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

LV said...

I am sorry you are going through such nasty weather. Thankful we do not get snow like that here in Texas. We have had three beautiful, warm, sunny days, but weekend more cold and rain.Glad you are doing okay and dropped by.

Debby said...

I hope you got out to get tge things you need...I have a hard time going out in the cold and everything being icy. Be careful.
We had the ice today. I don't think it will end very soon.
Stay warm. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

So still no end to the snow and all for the next few days!
In our part of the country it is not too bad, at times there are showers with snow/melted snow, yesterday I even had a short hail-shower. But for now the sun is shining, so it looks good, but will be rather cold.
I slept long this morning so will hurry now to make a little blogpost.
Thanks for your sweet birthday wishes for Jan.
The other day we were daydreaming about the possibility we won a real big money prize in a lotery(not that it will happene LOL). I first said we might take a trip to america and visit you. You know what Jan said? No, we do it the other way. We will pay a ticket for Edna, and let her have a nice time with us, she even can bring Pogo with her if she likes. Now wouldn't that be fantastic?
Well, daydreading makes life sometimes so easy LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend, take care when you go out with the car!!!
Hugs
Kyra

Edna B said...

Kyra, That sounds awesome!!! Funny, I was thinking almost the same thing. I doubt if I'll ever win the lottery, but it sure is fun to dream. You have a fabulous day. Give Jan an extra birthday hug for me and Pogo. Hugs, Edna B.

Nani said...

Love the birdie photos, especially the little guy enjoying your car cafe, too sweet!

This crazy weather, not as bad as last year...yet...but the snow season isn't over. David and I planned to finally get out to acknowledge our anniversary, which was December 23, on Sunday for lunch before the Super Bowl. Now he called me this afternoon and we'll be making a list of Super Bowl munchies and other provisions for Sunday instead of going out. We're forecasted for a FOOT of snow! Yeah, I know a foot doesn't sound like much to you and I should stop crying, huh? We dodged bullets in the last week with an inch when 4 was forecast and rain and snow instead of freezing rain. You’ve been getting every bit they’ve warned about. Maybe it’s a good omen for the Patriots? :)

Stay safe and warm when you’re out and we’ll take a foot for Team Edna if we can keep the rain from freezing there! :)

Hugs, Nani