Sunday, January 11, 2015

I'm Not So Cold If Pogo Is Warm

January 11, 2015

Good morning.  Brrrrr.  It's still too cold for these old bones.  Granted, it has been colder, and other folks are coping with even worse temps, but none of that makes me feel warmer.   And poor Pogo!  When I am cold, he has to wear a warm sweater.  If I'm still cold, he has to be wrapped up in a pile of warm blankets.  Somehow, I feel better if I think he is toasty warm.


I was just looking through the new Womans Day magazine, and I came across an interesting item.  In just four weeks, it will be "Random Acts of Kindness Week".   The dates are February 9 to 15.  It's a whole week to just do something nice every day for a loved one, a friend or a stranger.  Wouldn't it be great if folks all over the world celebrated this week? 

There are so many wonderful, yet easy, things one can do for this week.  You could cook a meal for a struggling neighbor, pay for the car behind you at a fast food drive through, take out the trash for a neighbor (and bring the barrels back in), or shovel a walkway for a neighbor if you have snow.  There are just so many fun and thoughtful things that you can do.  Have some fun and give it a try.

I also cut out a recipe for stuffed peppers that are cooked in a crock pot.  I love stuffed peppers, but I have never cooked them in a slow cooker.  This sounds like a great idea for me.  Just stuff the peppers, pop them in the crock pot, set the timer and go about my business while dinner slowly cooks.  Perfect!

Sad to say, these past few days have not been so good for loved ones.  Audrey and Janet are beginning to get better, but now Dee Dee and Eddie are sick with a cold and the flu.  Also, a couple of the dwarfs are a bit under the weather with the same stuff.  I'm wishing all of you a speedy "get well".

Yesterday, I got caught up on some laundry, and started a new "Sunshine" afghan.  This one is mostly a beautifully bright lemon yellow.  When I get a bit of it done, I'll be taking a photo to share.  I have no idea who this one is for, but it's a treat to work with such a happy color.

Today, I'm trying to work up the courage to go out in the cold to buy some more bird seed and hopefully a new Christmas tree for next year.  Walmart did not have any trees on clearance this week, so today I would like to have a look in Ocean State Job Lot.

That's about all the news for this morning.  Now I'm thinking that a nice hot cup of cocoa would taste just awesome.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all try to stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

My grandmother used to always put a sweater on me when she was cold....so I understand your need to snuggle Pogo up nice and toasty, he's such a wee bit of a thing.
I started my day with cocoa as it's raining here in California and about 53 degrees outside (61 inside, he likes to keep it cool).

The Queen Jester said...

I forgot to add to my previous comment that if you like the stuffed peppers, please share the recipe. I love cooking in the crock pot...it's so nice to come home from playing all morning to the smell of supper being taken care of.

Edna B said...

I'm posting the recipe right now. Let me know how it comes out for you. Enjoy, and have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

Debby said...

My furry babies have on coats. It's cold. When they go out to potty it has to be even colder.
I hope every one gets better there. I think all of mine are well now, at least for a few days. Stay warm it is cold.

smiekeltje said...

Give my "get well"wishes to all who are strugfgling at the moment with colds and flu etc. Gosh I hope you will not catch the virus too!
We still have storm here, the trees move heavily in the hard wind, not good weather to be out, so if possible I will stay in.
Or i must catch a moment the wind lies down for a moment.
Oh well, it will pass too again, in a few days.
Stay warm and far from virusses if you can!
Hugs
Kyra