Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015

January 1, 2015

Good morning, and Happy New Year to everyone.  It's cold outside, but the sun is shining.  Old man Winter is digging in his heels here in my little part of New England.   Last night was very cold!!  I went outside a little after midnight to try to get photos of the moon, and I thought my fingers were going to freeze and fall off.  Brrrrr!

There were clouds and there was a halo surrounding the moon, so my photos did not have much detail in them.  But there was some weird detail all around the upper left edge of the moon.  Here are two different photos, both cropped to see the detail.



See the little dots and other odd little bumps?  I'm thinking that they are just a dark part of the moon that the light was reflecting on.  The bottom photo isn't very sharp because the halo was much heavier when I took the photo.  All my photos had the same strange dots and bumps.  Ah well, this is the first moon of the new year 2015.

Did anyone stay awake late enough to celebrate the new year, or at least watch the festivities and fireworks on TV?  Pogo and I did.  Well, at least I did.  Pogo  tried.  He got all comfy on his little sofa and then dozed off.


After all the excitement was over, Pogo woke up, took a short potty break, asked for and received a snack, and then crawled back onto his little sofa and drifted back to dreamland.


I took these photos of Pogo with my phone so that I wouldn't wake him up.  I have to tell you folks, just watching him makes my eyes happy.  After taking these photos,  I turned out the light and drifted off myself.

Today is going to be a rather quiet day for lots of folks.  I know I'm going to be looking for a little nap this afternoon after I clean off another shelf in the pantry.  I'm getting the kitchen project done one shelf and cardboard box at a time. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  I wish you all a great New Year.  May you be blessed with much happiness, good health and prosperity.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Happy New Year to you Miss Edna and Pogo! Blessings to you both. I just love that bed of Pogo's, it must be so comfy! Love those moon shoots. You are such a wonderful photographer. enjoy a peaceful quiet day. This cold wicked snowy weather is never going away. So cold and miserable here. Suppose to get a break but now they are saying more snow. Ugh! Have a beautiful day.

The Queen Jester said...

Happy New Year to you and Pogo. This is the first time I've turned on the computer since the family arrived - no energy to do much by the end of our day with them. Today we visit the zoo. I probably won't post photos or write about any of this until the day after their departure and we've rested up.

Angelicastar said...

Happy New Year to you and Pogo. I see how comfy pogo is on his own sofa and he is oh so cute. I always say he is very blessed to have all the love that the world can offer. Ms. Edna, when I pick up my girls, Babs and Queen(small chihuahas) and hug them, I feel a beautiful heartbeat and say, thank you God for my real live toys. They will love you when no one else care. I bought the girls new beds and new sweaters for Christmas. Also each a stocking stuffed with toys. Let's continue to love them because they are also a blessing sent to us from God. Have a great New Years day.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Happy New Year to you my friend ... yes, I stayed up for New Years in New York, but was sound asleep when it hit Chi town. There is a limit to what I can do at that hour and staying away isn't one of them.

Pogo looks so sweet and cozy in his bed ... now I can't remember where he used to sleep. He certainly took to having his own sofa ... really nice. I am going to say Happy New Years Now and then run because google or my computer is starting to do strange jumping around types of things and in the past I ended up losing everything ... so Until tomorrow (I am going down for dinner), you have a wonderful New Years Day and remember this is the first day in the countdown for your vacation. ... Later my friend!

Andrea @ Fronm The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Happy new year, my friend.
We all need some recover time from Christmas and New year celebrations LOL.
Good idea to attack the kitchen project one shelf at a time. You will get there also, may it be a bit later. Who cares?
Have a great weekend and hopefully it will not become real winter in your area!
Hugs
Kyra