Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Jasmine


January 6, 2015

Good morning.  Brrrrrrr!!!  This is just too cold for my comfort.  During the night, it was 13F degrees, and this morning it was up to 17F.  I have to go out for an appointment and to do a couple of errands in an hour, so I'm hoping it warms up a bit. 

Yesterday was Jasmine's birthday, and once again I'm a day late sending Birthday Wishes.  I realize it is all psychological.  Today would be my daughter Kerri's birthday, and every year I seem to send Jasmine her birthday wishes on this day instead of on the 5th.  At least this year, I got her card to her on time. 

So Happy Birthday to you Jazzy.  I hope all your dreams and wishes come true.  I love you.

This morning I've been watching some of the old game shows on TV.  Do you remember Match Game?  I took these photos off the TV with my phone.   Recognize Betty White in the middle photo?




The next program that came on after this one was Card Shark.  This episode featured young kids as contestants.



I have to admit that it's quite refreshing to watch these old shows.  There's no profanity used, and they're full of good clean fun.   Now that television has lowered some of it's morals and language standards, a lot of the programs today aren't as enjoyable as they used to be. 

Last night I did not do any crocheting.  I just watched a program, Major Crime, and turned in early.  Maybe being out in the cold air will give me a bit more energy.  You think?  I keep checking the calendar to see how many more days till Spring.  Just 74 more days. 

I am so bad sometimes!!  I just looked out the window to check the bird bath, and it had no water in it.  This is not good.  I checked it two days ago and it had plenty of water in it, so I wonder where all the water is going?  Of course I quickly got a bottle of water and filled it again.  I'll have to remember to check this daily. 

This afternoon, I'll have to call and make an appointment for Pogo at his beauty salon.  He's overdue for a bit of pampering.  Now I must get ready to leave for my appointment.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm with you Edna ... love some of the old shows. But, my FH and I were just commenting, since we have been watching some of our old movies, that the old movies seem a little hokey compared to the sophistication of today's movies (not talking about the language used ... that could go as far as I am concerned). They seem to be making more intelligent movies to show to our now dumbed down society ... go figure:)

I shouid have warned you about the bird bath ... in the winter the air is so dry that the water in the bird bath just evaporates in a day. I have to fill my every day. Having a heater in it just helps that happen even though it would be ice if you didn't have it there. Always something, right?

I have been eagle watching the last couple of days. Having a hard time getting any good pictures because I don't carry my camera out with me when I am in the yard (too cold for the camera). I run in to get it when I spot the eagles, but by that time they have spotted me and are off and running (or should I say flying). Anyway, it has been fun having them here. Don't know how long they will stick around. They usually leave once the open water is gone, but this time they didn't. I think they are eyeballing the flocks of Seagulls that are on the lake. Anyway, they are magnificent to watch.

I am back to cleaning again today ... the kids will be back from Thailand in about two weeks ... not much time to do everything that I really need to do, but it is what it is. I will be glad to have them here regardless.

I did my grocery shopping yeaterday because I didn't want to go out in this very, very cold weather. But, of course, I forgot a few things so I may be running out today anyway. I will wait until this afternoon in hopes that the temps go up a little. We are hovering around the single digits so far... ugh! Well, I better get going. Be safe and stay warm, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I just wrote you a nice long note and published it ... and then it disappeared, huh? Anyway, I have to run, I'll try again later. Maybe it will reappear ... hmmmm. Have a good day, Edna :)

Andrea @ Fron The Sol

Debby said...

You be careful in that cold and snow.

smiekeltje said...

Give Happy Birthday wishes to Jasmine!!!
Brrr, weather sounds no good, but I was out here yesterday and i couldn;t say it was all too pleasant, but it was refreshing LOL.
Just one more day and I can open my birthday present yeah!!
It still is under the Christmas tree(getting rid of that today) and not opened yet, gosh I am a good girl!
Quickly post a bit on my blog and then get into gear to remove all Christmas decorations.
Oh, and I am forgetting the bird feeder too sometimes.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra