Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A New Footwear Craze?

January 13, 2015

Good morning.  Wow, it was quite warm all through the night (in the low thirties) and by morning it has cooled down quite a bit.  It is now 22 F degrees and getting colder as the day goes on into night.  Yesterday's nasty weather did not quite make it here.  We mostly had a very light rain for about half of the day. 

However, a lot of other folks are getting a lot of icy roads today and tomorrow.  I've been watching the Weather Channel to see how close this ice gets to my daughter Audrey.  She does not like driving on major roads, and the ice will make her drive to work (and back home) very treacherous.  Be very careful Audrey.

I have an image that I borrowed from the web of some rather interesting footwear.  They are called "Hillbilly Shoe Covers".  You can buy them from a catalogue "The Lighter Side" for only $32.98.  Wearing these to work should make one's day quite interesting!  You put them on right over your boots. (or shoes too, I guess)   Could this maybe be the start of a new footwear craze?


News flash!!  They are reporting now on TV that a 3.3 earthquake happened yesterday morning in the Plainfield, Connecticut area.   So far, no injuries have been reported.  This was the eighth earthquake in this area in just a week.  Gosh, this is very unusual for this area.  What in the world is happening in the weather realm???  (TV says this earthquake was this morning, Google says it was yesterday.)

I promised you a photo of my "Sunshine" afghan.   I took the photo with my phone last evening while I had the afghan on my lap.  (working on it)  When I have more of it done, I'll  take another photo.  The colors are hard to capture under a regular lamp light.  I'll try taking the next photo in daylight to see the difference.


I have another photo project to share, but first I need to check with a friend to see if it is okay to post it here on my blog.  After all, it is not my own idea. 

Today, I was hoping to get out to shop for a new tree and more birdseed, but I may wait till tomorrow or Thursday when it is warmer.  We'll see.  I'm thinking that today is a good day to stay indoors and make a pot of corn chowder.  Yup yup, I think that's what I'll do. 

Well that's my news for this morning.  Now I think I'll have me another cup of coffee while I do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all do stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm thinking being a hillbilly is todays answer to everything ... then you don't have to be responsible for allowing our country to go to pot ... these shoes would be great at a party If I went to parties. Good find, Edna. I get that catalog and somehow missed these, Ha!

Love the sunshine colors of your afghan. So bright and cheery ... we could all use a little of that sunshine right now. It is cold here too today, but not as cold as it has been so it doesn't feel too bad. Audrey will be fine ... the busy streets and main roads usually get cleared first, then the traffic takes care of the rest.

My kids are in Bangkok. Tomorrow is Mint's physical and Thursday her interview ... this is it! They will know by Thursday if it is a go or not ... fingers crossed

I am still cleaning and seeming to make very little headway. Had no idea there was so much that needed to be done. I start on one thing and suddenly I realize there are many more things to be done in the same place. I am going through and throwing out (really donating) stuff right and left and I haven't even started on my collections yet. I do need to get rid of all my stuff ... it is starting to overwhelm. I am starting to realize how materialistic we are in America ... I mean not as in a conversation ... I think, other than the fact that my things are organized and displayed, I could fall into a hoarder category. I have so much stuff, ugh! Most of it is too good to toss, but who is going to want it? EEEEEK!

Did you know that there is physical therapy for headaches? I took my daughter to one yesterday and she was amazed at how much it helped in one session. She has 5 more during which they will treat her and at the same time teach her to treat herself so she can keep it up at home. It would be wonderful if she could get rid of at least some of her headaches ... they are so debilitating.

Well I must go put together my WBW, then get back to cleaning. The kids could be home in a week, if all goes well ... and I have much yet to do. You have a wonderful day and stay warm, Edna ... love to poor little deprived, steak eating Pogo :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Unknown said...

Your afghan is lovely. The colors are perfect. Really bright and cheerful. It is warming up here. We are supposed to reach the mid 40's so that is good. It is still just 36 so I am wondering if we will get as warm as they say.

I have to sweep and mop. I accidently knocked over a bottle of my favorite olive oil and it shattered all over the kitchen floor. It took for ever to clean up and I used nearly a whole roll of paper towels to do it.

I loved the hillbilly footwear! I haven't been out of my trusted warm slippers all week. But I will be braving the shoe closet come Thursday as I have a doctor appointment. Can't wear them out to the doctor lol but I would if I could.

We had 2 earthquakes just north of Dallas a week or so ago. They were back to back and then another one the next day. These earthquakes are becoming a little scary for me.

You have a great day. I have to start cleaning... then I am taking a nap. It was nearly 4 before I finally got to sleep. I try not to take a sleeping aid or take naps during the day but I am feeling rather tired.

Annesphamily said...

We have some snow, nothing major but icy cold temps. Tomorrow they say it will warm up. Never sure if we can believe them! I have been inside all day except to pull the trash cans up into the driveway. Hubby should be here by 5:15 and we have an errand to run plus find something tasty to eat. Those hillybilly shoe covers are something else! Those toes are cracking me up! My daughter Noelle and I drove Nick to Aurora yesterday to meet up with his ride. Noelle wore her flip flops and it was so cold outside! Silly girl! I treated her to breakfast because she drove for me. I hate the icy and snowy roads. She was on vacation the past two weeks. Tomorrow she has to go back. My nephew Ed was here from Kentucky and entertaining him was lots of fun!He is safely home as well as Nick safely tucked into his school routine. Have a beautiful weel. Hugs, Anne p.s. love the afghan, so pretty.

smiekeltje said...

Funny, those Hillibillie showcovers!
I think it wouldn;t be something to wear in "regular"life, but for a party it would be great.
Did you know we have earthquakes here too? In the north of our country, in the privince groningen, and specially the last two years they become heavier, around 2-2,5 Richter.
All due to gasexploration of the government. Lots of people are heaving serious trouble with their houses now there.It rteally is becoming a problem.
Oh, have to restart my computer now for an update of my antivirus, so I leave you.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The shoes would be good for a laugh but don't look real comfortable. I guess if I wanted to be funny I'd opt for some big fuzzy slippers instead.