Monday, November 3, 2014

Our First Snow Of The Season


November 3, 2014

Good morning everybody.  And it is definitely a much better morning than yesterday was.  I looked out the door after posting on my blog yesterday morning and saw big fat snow flakes coming down. Lots and lots of them!   The cold, wet, white stuff was covering everything.  Granted, we did not get a foot or more of snow like other places, but what we got was more than plenty. 



These photos were taken through the storm door, which kept getting all steamy because of the outside cold temperature on the glass meeting the warmer temperature on the inside of the glass.  I had to keep wiping the steam off the door. 

I'm so thankful that we did not get the foot or more that other parts of the Northeast got, but I hope that's it for a while.  In all honesty though, it used snow all the time in November when I was a little girl.  But that was a hundred years ago, and things are different now.  (right?)

I had bought a windshield cover for my car to protect the window from snow and ice, but I was not expecting this snow, so guess what?  Yup, I have to clean off my windshield later this morning so that I can go out to my appointment at the nail salon.

Last night, I got the green afghan within the last dozen or so rows, and called it a night. Pogo was already asleep, curled up beneath one of his fuzzy blankets.  It was time for me to put out the light and fall asleep too. 

The newscaster on TV is telling us that the busiest time for sending out parcels and cards this year will be around the second week in December.  So keep this mind when you're getting your holiday packages ready for mailing.  I like to get all mine out during the first week in December. 

So that means that later today I'll have to get busy here and get crocheting.  I have two projects that have to be finished this week so that I can get them wrapped and packaged.  Then I just have to wait for my calendars and wrapping bags to arrive, and I'll be all set to get all my packages ready to go.

Now I'm going to have me another cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Are you sure there isn't a Mrs. Santa Clause hiding in you somewhere. You are so good with your gift planning and giving. I haven't even thought of Christmas yet, though I am beginning to realize that time is getting short. And, the way time flies when you are ummm... older, well that means it will be here in a flash! Guess I better at least start planning something, right?

Oh your snow flakes are big and puffy. I didn't see ours, so I don't know ... they were just there when I got up in the morning and yes, I probably did send them your way because I was sure shoo shooing them away from here. I know this is normal and I fully expected to face winter after we had a wonderful Indian Summer weekend ... but I am never really ready for it and it does take me longer to get used to the cold these days. I have added another layer to my outside clothing and soon I will have to add even another layer. That is when we get into the 10 minute dress and undress routine when I have to take Izzi out. You would be surprised had how much of my life is spent in that mode in the winter. Humph!

Today I have errands to run so I will be out and about, once I have taken my shower. I seem to be slow and getting started this morning so I had better put myself in gear and head out. Love to little Pogo and I am almost afraid to ask about Sunshine. I hope she is okay :) Be well my friend and I will see you tomorrow ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

That's not a pleasant way to start the month of November!

Nani said...

I guess there has always been some snow in November...But I agree, who wants to remember that? :)

I need to get my schedules for the holidays organized. I'm jealous! ;) But seriously I always have my "to-do" list done by the 15th but I need the ideas starting now!

I won't say "keep busy" cause you got that down pat. Keep warm. I've been spending a lot of time under my afghan thinking about you and how you're keeping me wonderfully cozy now that the nasty draft by my table has kicked up. :)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Brrrr, it looks suddenly sooo WINTER on your photos. Glad for you that it wasn't really a thick cover, but it looks as winter creeps in now.
In my timezone it is already the 4th of November so again;
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDNA!
hope your day will be a wonderful and happy one.
My cold is much less, still a bit stuck in the nose now, but in a coup[le of days that will be gone too I hope.
Happy day, dear friend.
Hugs
Kyra

Edna B said...

Thank you so much Kyra. So far, the day is starting off super. The squirrels have been keeping me busy chasing them away from the bird feeder. They just sit there and laugh at me. I think I'll have to get a spray bottle to squirt them with water. lol. You have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.