Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ooooo, A Monster In Our Park!

November 13, 2014

Good morning.  It's sunny this morning, but quite a bit chillier.  That frozen band of Artic air has arrived, and is in no hurry to go away.  At least, with the sun shining, it does not feel so bad.

I was working on the lavender afghan last night, and you're not going to believe this, but I ran out of yarn.  With all the yarn that I have, I ran out of the one color that I am using.  Of course, there is a perfectly good reason for this.  Originally, I was making this afghan with double strands of yarn.  Then I stopped, and switched over to the current one with one strand of yarn.  I just did not have enough yarn for both afghans.  Some day when my hands are feeling much spryer, I may pick up the two-strand afghan and finish it.

Later today, (or tomorrow) Joe and I will be going food shopping, and I will pick up more lavender yarn at that time.  Meanwhile, I have other projects that I can work on.  I also need to finish addressing the rest of my holiday envelopes.  I have about half of them done.  I must say, being retired does afford me lots more time to do the things  that I want to do.

This morning I spent some time going through a huge pile of "junk" mail.  I put most magazines, catalogues and miscellaneous mail in this pile because I just don't want to deal with it at the time.  However, it does get to a point where I just have to sit down and go through it all.  So now it is done till the next pile.  lol.

Today, I have a few more "foggy" photos to share.   This first photo was an added surprise for me.  I haven't seen any cormorants all year, but then I thought I spotted what looked to be a couple of them way off in the middle of the pond just sitting on a rock.  I drove to a spot that gave me the best view of them.  Imagine!  Two of them!  This is a treat for our area. 

 
Next, I drove up the little hill by the observation tower.  The colors up here are ever so pretty, and the fog makes it look so  mystical.
 

As we were leaving the park, I spotted what looked like the Loch Ness Monster.  It wasn't, of course, but this could be our park version "The W. Field Pond Monster".  Look carefully.  It is gliding through the fallen leaves.


Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  Now I must get busy and make up my shopping list.  Then I will look around outside to see if Blackie is out there.  I have a plate of food ready for her.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Such beautiful photos again. And yeah, i had to look very carefully to see the monster. Yak.
Nice hey, when retired you seem to have sometimes more time to do all you want LOL.
Love it.
You have an awesome day.
Hug
Kyra