Monday, November 17, 2014

Lots Of Arctic Cold Moving In

November 17, 2014

Good morning.  Well, it's cool and wet here in my little part of New England.  Although we are expecting the temps to get up to the mid 50's later today, the next six days will only be in the 30's and low 40's.  There's a twenty degree drop expected tomorrow from today.   It makes me wonder what kind of Winter we'll have.  Brrr.

Yesterday, I got the laundry caught up, and then spent some time working on a crocheted scarf.  I probably ripped out two scarfs worth of yarn before I settled on a pattern for this scarf.  Some days I just can't make up my mind if I like something or not.

I also spent a little while signing my holiday cards and calendars.  Basically, I'm in pretty good shape as far as my holiday shopping and creating goes.  I must say that it feels good.  I really don't like the chaos of last minute shopping and wrapping.

Last evening, daughter Deanne brought me a styrofoam cooler to use as a liner for the kitty house.  While I was shopping the other day, I picked up an air conditioner cover to use as an outer cover for the kitty house once it is finished.  This will help to protect it from the rain and snow.  Joe might be bringing home some styrofoam sheets this afternoon, so I'll hold off cutting into the cooler till then.  I'd like to be able to get the house finished by tonight.

Today I have a cute tee shirt design to share.  This is one of the reasons I love catalogues.  You never know what you'll find in them.  I admit I spend a lot of time in my living room watching TV, but I'm also crocheting at the same time, so I guess it's okay.

I found this cute little item on my daughter's Facebook.  Maybe if we were just a wee bit smaller, this could work?


Well, there's not much more news this morning.  Oops!  I almost forgot.  I heard on the news  this morning  that we could run out of chocolate in five years.  This could be disastrous to all us chocolate lovers. 

Now I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'd love to see the finished cat shelter when it's done - I'm sure Blackie (or possibly some other cold animal) will appreciate it. You have such a tender heart - I love that about you.

Nani said...

The crocheted cat toy is so sweet! (And David would gush over the Siamese kitten in the picture too!)

Whether or not she has a different place she calls home, you are, well, you are Edna! Making sure Blackie has food and someplace warm to stay is just fantastic. But that’s no less than you are anyway. :)

Hey, a dryer ride would make me wrinkle free and maybe melt a little and warm me up... Well, if it takes the wrinkles out, it could.

If you’re expecting snow and cold, we got your preview today! I awoke to a couple of inches on the ramp’s rail and it never did get above freezing. It’s been cold in the house all day. –sigh- I’m not ready!

You and Pogo keep warm!
Hugs, Nani