Friday, November 14, 2014

It's A Good Day To Stay Indoors And Crochet

November 14, 2014

Good morning.  Tis a bit nippy here in New England.  It rained and snowed during the night.  I'm not a big fan of snow, but a sprinkling of it on my Japanese Red Maple is oh so beautiful.  Isn't this a pretty sight?

 
While I was outside taking this photo, I noticed how the rain and snow raised havoc with the roses on the pink rose tree.  They are trying so hard to bloom, but Mother Nature is not making it easy for them.
 
 
Yesterday was a rather quiet day.  Blackie came around in the afternoon as Joe and I were leaving to go food shopping.  We took a few minutes to play with her before we left.  While we were at the store, I bought more lavender yarn, and a big bag of kitty food. 
 
As soon as we got home, I put out a bowl of food for Blackie, and she ate every bit of it.  Because it was going to be so cold during the night, I was trying to figure out how to put together a makeshift shelter for her.  But when I went out looking for her, she was not there.  I surely do hope that she really does live in someone's home.
 
Daughter Audrey took a photo of the "tote shelter" that she made and keeps on her front porch for those nights when her eldest cat does not come indoors.  She made it from a plastic tote and some towels.  I think this is a pretty good idea, so I will pick up a tote and make up a little house for Blackie.  Our front porch has a roof over it, so we'll keep the little house there, along with her food and water.
 
 
I am still waiting for the mailman to deliver a few more packages so that I can get more things wrapped and packed.  Does it sound like I'm enjoying the holiday season?  Well I am.  It is the highlight of the whole Winter for me. 
 
My newest blog book came the other day, and I took photos of it to share.  A while back, I changed the photo on the front cover to a photo that I took during that time period.  And, of course, my favorite little fellow is on the back cover.  Here is the first half of this year.
 
 
 
The temperature has dropped quite a bit today.  It's only about 39F right now, and won't get above 42 or 43F today.  Tonight is supposed to be down around 25F.  Brrrr!   Today will be a good day for me to get comfy in my lounge chair and work on the lavender afghan. 
 
Before I end this post, I want to share an image of a crocheted cat toy.  If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll dig out the pattern. 
 
 
Well, that's all the news for this morning.  Now it's time to make a nice hot cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  Till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Miss Edna, I would like the instructions for the crocheted cat toy as I have two cats, Tinkerbell and Precious. I just love reading you site everyday. Coming from Northern New York I understand your weather. Take Care

smiekeltje said...

The house as schelter forBlackie seems a good idea. You also could use just a plastic box( the ones we use for putting things away) and put a little soft blaanket in it. As your porch has a roof Blackie will do fine.
Your weather sounds really like being just good for styaing in.
yesterday afternoon it started to rain here too and it went on almost all evening and night.
Hope it will ger dry later thismorning as I have to go to the hairdresser.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Oh, your blogbook looks ever so beautiful!
hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The tote shelter is quite clever and a good idea.
I'd be interested in the cat toy pattern - not sure if I can do it or not, but at least it's a small project to practice on.