Friday, November 21, 2014

Howling And Hissing, And Getting To Know Each Other


November 21, 2014

Good afternoon.  Gosh, I did not realize it was so late.  I sat down this morning to type my blog post and noticed that I had to bills to pay and get in the mail.  So, I got out the checkbook and took care of the bills.  Then I put them out for the mailman but he had already been here.  Hmmm.  I'm running late with everything.

Next Pogo was looking for something to eat, so I fed him.  After that, I realized that I needed to go out to the back room and get something.  Well, one thing led to another, and the next thing I know, I'm busy wrapping a gift and stacking it on the "ready to go" pile. 

Of course, by now lunch time has come and gone.  Where oh where has my day gone?  I made some lunch and sat down to look something up on my laptop and realized that I still had not typed my blog post.  How does one keep running out of time when one is retired?

About all I accomplished yesterday, aside from some wrapping, was to get the food shopping done.  Then later after supper, both kitties were out in the living room at the same time.  My goodness, such howls and hisses!  However, after a few minutes of this, Blackie settled down behind the chair that Dwarf Mike was sitting in, and Sunshine stayed on the other side of the room for a while.  It will take some time for them to finalize a truce, but it will happen.

Meanwhile, Pogo really doesn't want anything to do with either of them.  Maybe later when the kitties get along better with each other he'll try again to get to know them.  As long as they stay out of his territory, they don't bother him.

Later this afternoon, I need to go back to Walmart to pick up some meds that were not ready yesterday.  While I'm there I need to pick up a meat thermometer and some parmesan cheese.  I forgot both of these items yesterday. 

The scarf that I'm working on is coming out so pretty.  I'm hoping to finish it up later this evening or tomorrow.  Then I'll take a photo to share.  After that, I'll finish up the lapghan that I started a while ago.  It only needs a few more rows.

Today I have two more "foggy photos" to share.  I promise no more of them for a while.  I just happen to like these photos.



A friend sent me some cute mug images, and I copied this one to share here.  It rather fits me on so many occasions lately.  Sorry it's such a fuzzy image.


Today the sun is shining, and it's 35F degrees.  I think I can live with this considering what other folks are dealing with.  There are folks in New York who can't even get out of their houses because the snow has covered over the doors.   Other folks were stranded in their cars because they had to pull over to the side of the road because of poor visibility, and then their cars got covered in snow.  Hopefully, the warmer temps that are coming will help these folks out a bit.

Well folks, there's not much  else happening here today.  Now it's time for me to get ready to go to Walmart.  When I get back, it will time to start supper.  Gosh, it sounds like all we do around here is eat eat eat.  lol.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend and stay warm.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Had to laugh....sounds like me. I swear I have ADHD. I start one thing and end up in another room. Geez.Have a nice weekend.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy things you say sound so familier ... starting with one thing and then suddenly realize I am busy doing something totally different and end up leaving that to go back to the first thing and on my way I stop to do something else. It is called old age ... or in my case "old poop"! I also find I am much busier since I retired as well ... I haven't decided if it is because I feel like I have more time and then take on more things to fill that time or if it is simply a matter of not being able to organize my time any more. The good thing about being old is that I don't worry about getting things done on time any more ... if I do, I do:)

Sounds like the kitties are making progress. Pogo is wise to wait until everything gets settled. I am sure he doesn't want to be caught in the middle of a cat fight even if it is mostly spit and noise. It will be fun to follow their progress.

I have to go to a baby shower tomorrow ... I'm not really looking forward to it because I won't know most of the people there and I am hoping they won't play shower games. I dispise party games, ugh, ugh. Anyway, I will make my appearance and then leave early hopefully ... I'm not really a homebody, but this is not my cup of tea. My son is leaving Sunday for Thailand. When he comes back he will have Mint with him and then sometime after that we will have a wedding. All very exciting and a little overwhelming. But, I can only see good coming from this ... they are very much in love. Well, my friend, enjoy your Saturday and I will see you on Sunday. It is supposed to be a little warmer this weekend (in the 40's) so I am hoping to get outside a bit. And I will be glad for some decent weather when I take my son to the airport :) Be well ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

You operate like I do. I was so glad you mentioned the checkbook because I used my last check yesterday and forgot to reload it with the new pack. Now I'm ready to shop again.
It's interesting following the kitties adaptation to each other.

Annesphamily said...

Love that mug! HahaHaHaHa! Cats are strange creatures. Mr Kitty is a bully to Rose but since she was sick and recuperated she does not put up with his nonsense. She is a wild woman! LOL
I start doing one thing and end up doing another too! Must e female brain!
Always such a joy to visit you here!
Blessings, Anne