Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

November 27, 2014

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving Day to everybody.  Our day here in my little part of the world is starting off with the sun popping in and out, and no rain or snow.  It rained here until late into the night, and then it changed over to a bit of snow.  It wasn't very much snow so I'm okay with it.


I know most folks are very busy today with cooking the turkey and preparing lots of veggies and pies, so I'm not going to gab a lot.  I do, however, have some photos to share that daughter Deanne took with her phone one day recently while riding in the car.  





There were lots of turkeys on the side of the road.  Some were sitting on a fence, some were looking for food in the field, and others were walking on the street.  I thought these photos were very appropriate for today.  Thank you Deanne for sharing these fun shots.

Now I'm going to the kitchen and whip up some scrambled eggs for myself and Pogo.  I saved a little piece of steak from last night's supper, and I'll cut it up and mix it in with Pogo's eggs.  Hopefully, he'll enjoy this. 

Before Y'all settle in to your delicious turkey dinner, take a few moments to give thanks for all the wonderful people and things you have in your life.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Hope you are sitting down to some good food, maybe not turkey, with your dwarfs and your fur family. This is a very quiet day at my house ... my son is in Thailand and so there is just the three of us to share the food and give thanks.
I am cooking like there was a croud because then I don't have to cook for a few days ... always method to my madness. Izzi has a trial this weekend so it is easier to have left overs that just need warming up when we get home after a long day of running and fun.

You have so much to be thankful for at your house and I am thankful to have you, Pogo and now Sunshine and Blacky in my and Izzi's lives. Wishing you a wonderful day of fun, laughter, good food and friends ... and maybe even family if they are close by. Enjoy, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Edna! Hope you and Pogo had a wonderful day today! Thanks for the pictures of the turkeys. So appropriate. I loved them.

smiekeltje said...

Great shots from Dianne, LOL!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving day.
Not much to talk about so I leave you in peace.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Great shots of the turkey and the one with a fence would be perfect for Good Fences.