Monday, November 24, 2014

Free TV - Like In The Olden Days

November 24, 2014

Good morning.  Well, it's warm this morning, 54F degrees and working up towards 64F.  However, it's also gray, wet and windy.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 60's and then dropping down to the 30's at night.  After that, the temps are all down hill for the rest of the week. 

I'm watching the Red Carpet event at the American Music Awards (on TV, of course), and I must say that I am not very impressed with some of the messy hair do's and semi naked clothing.  Don't get me wrong, I really do love fashion and pretty things.  I'm just not very modern, I guess.

Right now, there is a young woman (I don't know her name) being interviewed, and she is wearing a wickedly horrible dress designed by Zac Posen.  He is a judge on my favorite TV show, Project Runway, and I've always wondered at some of the comments he has made about some of the contestants' designs.  Now I'm understanding a bit, and I'm not very crazy about his taste in design.

Earlier I watched an infomercial about Free TV For Life.  Because of a law passed by Congress, all regular TV stations must be offered to the people for free.  The program featured a square thing that acts as an antenna that you plug into your TV.  It pulls in all the regular TV stations and costs $19.95 to purchase.  (One unit per TV)

If it weren't for the fact that some of my favorite TV shows are not on regular stations, I might think about getting this.   However, the programs that I watch the most are on cable stations.  Oh well.

The Red Carpet Event is over and now the Kardashians are on TV.  I don't watch this program, but the remote is on the other side of the room so I can't change it yet.  Mama Kardashian has just wet her pants on live TV, and her daughter is telling her that she needs to start wearing diapers.   Excuse me, but just when did this type of program fare become popular?   Hold on while I get up and get the remote so that I can change the station.

**** I'm back.  I have changed the station and am now looking at NCIS.  Much better!!  I'm glad that we have so many re-runs of all the good TV shows.  If we didn't, I probably wouldn't watch very much TV at all.

This past weekend, daughter Audrey and her hubby Mac celebrated Thanksgiving with their daughter Andi and granddaughter Alena.  Alena is two years old now, and already knows all her letters and numbers and how to spell her own name.   Proud Grandpa took a "Retro 60'ish" photo of Alena and emailed it to me.  Isn't she beautiful?   I think she looks just like her mama.


 Mac, this is a wonderful photo, and I love the retro effect. Alena is so adorable, and I can't wait to see more photos of her. 

My weekend was rather quiet.  I started a couple of new afghans; a Delft Blue one and a Frosty Green one.  Once one of these is finished I want to start one using the hot pink yarn.  I don't know who they will be for, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime during the year.

My little guy is patiently waiting for me to find something better to eat than the dog food that I served him earlier.  Lately he's not into the dog food at all.  Last night I broke down and finally cooked him up a steak.  You know he wolfed that down as soon as the plate was set on his dinner mat.  He even came back asking for seconds.  And yes, I'm a softee and I got him some more.  I just can't stand to see him go hungry!!

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Hi Miss Edna! I so love visiting you and the time gets away from me. I think what you and Pogo do during Thanksgiving is amazing. No one stops much to think of those less fortunate who have no where to go. I don't watch "trash" tv either. Those Kardashians are only famous because of their late father's money. That mother ought to act her age not her IQ and as for Bruce Jenner. UGH. It is all I can think of to say. We watch all the NCIS series. Love Mark Harmon and the newest New Orleans too. I love Hetty from the LA series. It is so cold here, I need an afghan to cover my myself. The dogs are circled around me on the bed and the cats are watching from a distance. Hating that the dogs have the nerve to climb on the bed with me! LOL! Alena is beautiful, I love that photo shot. Gorgeous. I love the innocent of children. I hate to see people dressing them too grown up and love seeing their honesty shine thru their personalities. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful and know you are such a blessing to me. Hugs, Anne

LV said...

Thanks for your visit and comment. Love reading you post concerning family. Best to you on Thanksgiving.

The Queen Jester said...

Pretty little girl - the retro look suits her well.

smiekeltje said...

Oh yes, we have several "reality"tv programs too(even the kardashian, yak) and I don;t like them.
I better have a good detective, or nature documentairy or another exciting movie, or quizes.
There is a lot of bull shit on tv, I must say LOL!
What a lovely photo of Alena and such a cutie!
Today jan has his intervies, must wake him now, so he has time for a coffee and a sandwich and such.
So leaving you again, wishing a good day with some interesting programs on tv!
Oh Pogo is a flirt and knows his way to get what he wants!
hug
Kyra

Debby said...

Your little great granddaughter is a cutie. Can't believe she can do all that and she is only two.
TV sure isn't very good anymore. We can hardly find anything to watch at night. We have been watching the Hallmark Christmas movies lately.
Pogo just has good taste. Our poor Izzy is always begging for food. I have now started feeding her a little bit at a time several times a day. She gets up about 4 times every night. I took her in to the vet yesterday. ANother med for incontinence and an antibiotic for her bad teeth. I don't think she could handle being put to sleep with her breathing issues. She doesn't act like there is anything wrong. Her weight is still okay so the extra food is making her gain.
I hope you and Pogo have a nice Thanksgiving. Hugs