Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Forecast For The Holiday Is Wet, Wet, Wet!

November 26, 2014

Good morning.  The weather here is a bit drab, gray and damp this morning.  I don't know if the snow is still coming, but there is supposed to be a lot of rain forecast for today and tomorrow.  Yesterday afternoon, I went outside and put a weather protector cover across the windshield on my car.  This way I would not have to clear away the 3-5 inches of snow (that was coming) from the windshield. 


So okay, there's no snow yet, but at least I'll keep all that rain that's coming from getting all over my windshield.  (I thought that might make me feel at least a little bit smart, but it didn't help at all.)  Some days you just can't win for trying.

Yesterday, Pogo and went to the Post Office and mailed off a birthday box to daughter Audrey.  Her big day is coming up on Monday.  This is always a fun trip for Pogo because everyone at the Post Office loves to see him. 

Next, we went to the park to see if the cormorants were still there.  Unfortunately we did not see them.  However there were lots of other birds to watch.  I especially love the seagulls and the ducks.  There were a couple of folks there tossing out food for the birds so I was able to get a few nice photos.



If the photos look almost like black and white, it's because the sun had been covered over by clouds.  Here's a pretty shot of this part of the pond.  This park is huge and covers quite a large area across two towns.  This is the area that I visit most often.


I'll have more photos to share once I've had a chance to go through them and crop some for posting.  The rest of the day was fairly quiet, and after supper I worked a bit more on the shocking pink afghan.   I know it looks a bit bright, but it is really very pretty, and I know a little girl who might like to have this come next Christmas (2015). 

Yes, I'm already working on my shopping list for Christmas 2015.  I like to start early.  Actually, I like giving home made things, and to do this one must start as early as possible.  It keeps me busy and quite happy.

Today everyone I know is quite busy (or will be after work) shopping and cooking to prepare for tomorrow's dinner.  I hope all of you will be celebrating with friends and loved ones.  If you know someone who will be alone, why not prepare an extra plate and take it to them.  Better yet, if you can, invite them to come celebrate with you.  You'll be ever so blessed.

On that happy note, I think I'll have me a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I will have to look into getting a Frost Guard thing for my son-in-law. They can only get one car into their two car garage due to all the "stuff" that piles up on the floor and this would be very helpful for him.
Have a great thanksgiving day.

smiekeltje said...

Great "action"shots of the seagulls!
Oh, a little girl would love the shocking pink afghan, I am sure.
Ghee, already busy with next year! I even didn;t send away the box of this year LOL!
Wonderful Thanksgiving dear!
Hugs
Kyra