Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dense Fog Alert Today


November 12, 2014

Good afternoon.  This morning, Pogo, Dwarf Mike and I went to the dealership to pick up his deposit, as he did not get the new car.  All is not lost as he will go out later today looking at more cars. 

It has been very foggy here all day.  Once we got back home this morning, I grabbed my camera and Pogo and I set out for the park to get some really neat fog photos. 


 
I also got a couple of neat photos of the gulls.  As you know, these are some of my favorite birds to photograph.  They have such wonderful character and grace.
 

 
I have lots more photos, but I have to go through them and crop a few.  Goodness, I just made lunch for myself and Pogo, and I learned that he likes Genoa Salami.  Hmmm.  I only bought a half pound, but next time I'll get a whole pound.  I like it too!
 
The sun is shining brightly in my yard now, but the TV says that we are still having a dense fog alert for another couple of hours.  No, I'm not going back out to find more fog photos.  I need to work on the lavender afghan.  I only have forty more rows to go.  I would like to have it finished before Thanksgiving. 
 
Blackie has been outside my door all day.  And yes, I fed her a big plate of food this morning before we went out.  I think she has been sleeping outdoors because she had leaf residue on her this morning.  I wonder if we can coax her in overnight soon.  The nights are getting very cold.  Here's our beautiful Blackie.
 
 
She is oh so lovable that I'm wondering if maybe her family moved away and left her behind?  Oh gosh, how can any decent person do something like that?  We will keep trying to coax her indoors.  She will come in now, but only for a minute or two and then goes back outdoors. 
 
This morning she actually came up and sniffed Pogo while I was holding him.  She did not hiss at him, and he did not bark at her.  Gosh, what do you think?  Can they maybe make friends?  Wouldn't that be nice.
 
Well now it's time for me to get busy around here.  DIL Janet will be coming by after work.  Tonight we will have the macaroni and cheese that I was going to make for last weeks visit.  This is her favorite. 
 
So, on that tasty note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.
 

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Lovely fog photos - there's something beautiful about images in fog, I love the effect on my emotions. They seem softer and gentler.
I am so happy Blackie came back. He may have another home and just be visiting you. It's a good sign that he and Pogo didn't feel threatened by one another.

Nani said...

Poor Mike. I hope he finds a car that’s even better for him!

Your foggy photos are fantastic! I love the reflections.

Blackie is such a pretty girl! I don’t understand for anything how anyone could leave their pets behind, yet it happens too often. If she’ll come in for a minute now, she’ll probably stay when it gets really cold or it snows. I sure hope she does!. It would be wonderful if she and Pogo become friends!

It's about sleepy time for me. Good night!

Hugs, nani

smiekeltje said...

Some beautiful fogphotos, indeed.
Poor Blackie,being outside all the time, but it is a good sign, she came in for a moment, and even sniffed at Pogo without them having a fight starting.
Blackie is really beautiful.
Don;t know how anybody could leave a cat or dog behind and go living elsewhere!
It happened to a cat we had years ago, and we loved him, he was ever so happy with us.
Have a great time with Janet.
Hug
Kyra