Monday, November 10, 2014

Birds Can Be So Very Entertaining

November 10, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here in New England.  It feels a bit nippy outside, but it's early.  The temps are supposed to get up to about 57F later today.

To continue the story of Blackie, she went somewhere yesterday afternoon, and hasn't been back yet.  Gosh, I hope she is okay.  She has been here every day for the last few weeks.  Hopefully, she has a home and just visits us every day.  We'll just wait and watch for her. 

I have some fun photos to share with you this morning.  Yesterday afternoon, after Blackie left, one of the dwarfs put out a fresh bowl of food for her in case she came back while we were out.  However, we were in for a super surprise.  Some of our feathered friends, namely the Blue Jays, could not resist this tasty treat.

I tried to take photos from the window, but there was a twig between me and the kitty food dish.  Still, some of the photos are fun.





Well, this was a  treat that I did not expect.  Nature just never stops amazing me.  There is always something new and wonderful to discover.

Yesterday's trip to the car dealership proved to be disappointing for Dwarf Mike.  He could not pick up his new car yet.  Seems the bank was asking for more paper work, but it was Sunday and the bank was not open.  Hopefully later today, all the paper work will be complete and we can go back and get his car.  I decided not to take photos until he is actually in the driver's seat of his new car.

I also have a photo of the "Granny" square afghan that I finished for the fundraiser.  Hopefully, it will bring in a few dollars for this talented theatre group. 


Little by little, I've been putting a few rows on the lavender afghan, and now there are only about seven more rows to go to the "half done" mark.  I can't wait to get this one finished because I have some awesome new yarn colors that I want to play with.

Now that my new calendars are here, I think I'll spend some time today packing boxes and getting them ready for mailing.  Believe it or not, most packages need to be in the mail in about two and half to three weeks in order to be guaranteed delivery before the holidays.

Wow, time is slipping by really fast.  Thanksgiving is only seventeen days away.  I need to start thinking about what I want to do for our dinner that day.  Hmmm, I'll have to check with the dwarfs to see how many are planning on being home for dinner that day.  Usually they all have somewhere to go on Thanksgiving.  Somehow, though, we all end up staying home and having dinner together.

Ah well, it's time I got dressed and started doing a few things around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

Everyday is a new adventure for us. I am thankful I can get out each day, regardless. You are a busy lady. and do excellent work on your handwork. They are just today starting the repairs on Suzanne's house. They have had so many issues with the insurance company.

The Queen Jester said...

I would bet that afghan you made for the fundraiser is a big hit - it's so colorful.

smiekeltje said...

You never can tell who is going to eat from a bowl of food, LOL!
Funny, that the birds spotted it!
I also hope Blackie is okay and that she will come back, or, if not, she has a good home.
Yes, I too should start on wrapping and getting the box ready!
Must first find a decent box, somewhere.
You have a nice day and hopefully Mike will have his car soon.
Hug
Kyra