Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Another Fabulous Autumn Day


November 25, 2014

Good morning.  At the moment, it's a fairly warm 57F degrees, and will get up to about 61F.  We're supposed to have sunshine on and off throughout the day.  Enjoy it New Englanders.  Tomorrow isn't looking as good.  The weatherman says we'll have 3-5 inches of snow plus rain tomorrow, and more rain on Thursday.  Oh goodie goodie.

This morning all the news seems to be about the Grand Jury decision on the Michael Brown shooting.  Isn't it sad that so many people seem to think that violence is the answer to everything?  Last night, the protesters in Ferguson, Missouri caused a lot of damage to properties, and they burned a whole row of businesses because they were not happy with the Grand Jury decision.  Sad, sad, sad.

The other big story on the news is how holiday travel this week will be a bit messy, thanks to winter storm Cato.  Add to this more than forty million vehicles on the road and I sure am glad that Pogo and I will be staying right here at home. 

Well, last night I started working on the Delft Blue afghan, but then I put it down and dug out the Shocking Pink yarn and started a new afghan.  No worry, the other afghans will get done, but I've been wanting to work with this Shocking Pink yarn for quite a while now.  I have to say that it is working up really pretty.


So, as you can see, I have lots of pretty things to work on for quite a while.  Another perk of retirement - I have the time to do some of the things that I really enjoy.  Today, Pogo and I will be going to the Post Office to mail off a birthday box, and then maybe to the park to see if the cormorants are still there. 

I have another photo to share this morning.  Our Christmas Cactus plant is loaded with blossoms, and is just beautiful.  Since I took this photo, several more blossoms  have opened.  Oh, it is soooo pretty!!


The first two or three years that I had this plant, it  really struggled to live.  I finally re-potted it and placed it on the plant table by a kitchen window.  Ever since, it has become more healthy and beautiful.  Soon, it will be needing an even bigger pot. 

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  It's time to get dressed and head outdoors to enjoy this fabulous day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It was disappointing to see all the violence after the decision was made, especially when the victim's family asked for nonviolence. I guess there are just those who are always hankering for a fight and any reason will do it. The policeman may not have been charged with murder, but his life (as an officer) is basically over. I would imagine he'll always be looking over his shoulder. There were no winners in this tragedy.

Debby said...

I so agree about the Ferguson ordeal. It is so sad . This just makes everything worse.

smiekeltje said...

Such a pity and shame that people are violent after a decision of a jury. Okay, you can agree with the decision or not, but what use is it to destroy innocent people's shops and property?
And it is already such a sad event.
Your cactus is looking beautiful. i think 2 years ago I bought a little one for jan(he is the keeper and nurser of the indoor plants!) and last year it blossomed a bit, but this year has already many buds! he's so proud LOL.
Very striking color of that pink afghan!
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra