Sunday, November 9, 2014

All Sorts Of Good Things Happening Here

November 9, 2014

Good morning.  Goodness, lots of things have been happening around here these past couple of days.  Yesterday, Pogo and I followed Dwarf Mike to the dealership so that he could see about trading his car in for a new one.  We spent several hours there, and in the end, Dwarf Mike bought himself a beautiful new car.  In a couple of hours, we'll go back to the dealership so that he can pick up his new car.  I'll take some photos then.

Lately, there's been another beautiful kitty hanging around outside my door.  It's very friendly, and looks as if it wants food and cuddling.  So, this morning, Joe took out some food and water for the kitty.  We've decided to name her Blackie.   Isn't she just beautiful?



We let her in the house after she ate.  However, Sunshine (aka. Luna) was not so keen to be sharing any of her space with another kitty.  After a few spits and growls, she chased Blackie back to the door and wanting to go back outside.  I see that this is going to take a little bit of time for these two to become comfortable sharing the same house. 

Dwarf Mike has decided that he would like to keep Blackie.  So, we'll chip in and make sure there's plenty of food and whatever else kitty needs.  I have extra pet beds, so I've put one in the wash and will give it to Blackie, along with a fuzzy blanket. 

I also took a new photo of Sunshine (her name was changed a while ago to Luna).   She doesn't seem to mind me taking her photograph. 


Meanwhile, Pogo hasn't decided if he's happy to welcome another kitty into the household or not.  He delights in barking at Blackie, and has her scared of him.  Hmmmm, I wonder how long that will last once Blackie realizes that she is so much bigger than Pogo. 

Well, anyway, we're all going to try this out and hopefully things will work out well.  If not, we'll have to take Blackie to the local no kill cat shelter.  Our only other option would be to build an insulated kitty house to keep in the yard near the house.  The only problem with this would be keeping the little house sheltered when the snows come.  Ah well, we'll figure something out.

Granddaughter Jasmine called a couple of nights ago to ask if perhaps I could whip up an afghan for her theatre group to raffle off at their upcoming fundraiser.  I didn't think I had enough time, but then I  remembered the afghan that I made last March while in Florida.  I never quite finished it.  So, I dug it out, undid the last few rows that I had put on it, and then put a few new rows on to finish it off.  It's really quite pretty, so I hope the folks at the fundraiser like it.  I'll take a photo of it later today before I wrap it up.

Yesterday, my new calendars arrived in the mail, along with my newest blog book (Volume One of 2014).  I also got a package from my friend Mary Ann.  Oh my, she sent me one her textured photos all done up nice in a frame.   Mary Ann, this is really beautiful.  Thank you so much.  I have just the spot already picked out to hang it.    I'll take a photo of this and my new book to share with you later.

Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of my cup of  (cold by now) coffee and get dressed.  We'll be leaving in a little while to take Dwarf Mike back to the dealership.  This is such fun and so exciting.  It's always wonderful when someone gets a new car.  And this one is really a beauty.  And, it's that gorgeous garnet red  that I had wanted for my car. 

So, on that happy note I shall take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

Nani said...

New cars are always exciting.

Blackie is a beautiful girl! I hope the furkids can come to an agreement. Black cats are very hard to find homes for. They get a bad rap. It's been my experience that black cats are the sweetest and most loving cats. We call our kids "the Queen, "Basement Cat and Ceiling cat. Basement cat art the angel and devil names from LOL cats. Marco is our little basement cat. Carla is Ceiling Cat because she is the sweetest of them! Of course Kaline is the Queen. :) In our experience cats take a while to trust each other, they aren't as friendly as dogs.

Your afghan should be great for Jasmine's fundraiser! You make them so well and going into winter it should be a hit!

Can't wait to see those new car photos for Dwarf Mike!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Luna is a beautiful cat and apparently enjoys her position as First Cat. Blackie reminds me of a cat my son had when he was little and we named him Panther. Hmmm, it seems the cats have found a soft spot and are preparing for the winter at your house.

The Queen Jester said...

Luna is a beautiful cat and apparently enjoys her position as First Cat. Blackie reminds me of a cat my son had when he was little and we named him Panther. Hmmm, it seems the cats have found a soft spot and are preparing for the winter at your house.

Debby said...

Luna is really a beauty. I hop Blackie gets to stay.
I'd love a new car. But at the moment, what I really want is running water. Waiting to hear back from a plumber. Could be worse.

smiekeltje said...

Love the new cat Bl;ackie. So nice of dwarf Mike to keep her. Also love the photo of Luna(like her new name).
and of course Pogo is trying to play the "man"in the house hahahaha. It will take some time, but I am sure in the end all pets will find a way to live together.
You really had a busy day there!
Hope your afghan will raise a lot of money!
will go posting now quickly and then have to get busy around here.
Hugs
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, you will be needing to make afghans for your kitties as winter is surely here and a warm blanky is a must have. Luna is a perfect name for her ... she is a bright shining light in your house and Miss Blackie(I trust you will rename her once her personality dictates who she really is)is gorgeous and I agree with Nani ... black cats are special. Your big warm heart is going to turn you into the neighborhood cat lady ... join the group Edna. Cats are wonderful in different ways than dogs, but it all comes down to loving them and them loving you.

Getting a new car is a special occasion. I still remember when you got your beautiful blue baby. My poor little car needs a cleaning mostly on the inside. I just never seem to get around to it ... mainly because I forget about it until I am climbing in to go somewhere. I could take it somewhere to get detailed, but it cost over $100 and I can't bring myself to pay someone to do something I can do myself.

I started this comment yesterday and must have been called away because I found it here, half finished this morning. I will close now and see you again when I read today's post, Ha! Being old is a hoot! Later, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol