Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Quiet Lazy Weekend

November 30, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the weatherman is promising us some warmer temps for today.  There is still some snow in our yard, but it will probably all be gone by this afternoon.  After that, the colder temps will be back.

These past two days have been very quiet and lazy.  Aside from a couple of household chores, I really did not do very much.  I did finish addressing, stuffing and stamping all my Christmas cards, and I wrote out the address labels for some mailer envelopes. 

Yesterday, DIL Janet came by with a big pan of home made cookies.  Oh yum!!  I've set aside a few of them for myself, and the rest are for sharing.  In the afternoon, Joe put up the Christmas tree out in the main house.  I'll be putting mine up sometime this week.

I still have some wrapping to do, so I'll probably work on that this afternoon while the laundry is washing.  I was going to do some food shopping today, but I really don't need anything so I guess I can cross that off my "to do" list for today. 

Today, I dug into my photo archives and pulled out some shots of a hummingbird that I took through the kitchen window when I was working.  Sad to say, I haven't seen any of these since I stopped working.  Next Spring, I'll try putting their feeder on the other side of the house to see if maybe it will lure some of these beautiful birds back to my yard.





Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  I think I'll make myself a hot cup of java, and get the laundry started.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Hummers are just the best. I've seen one flying around our awning, but I haven't put out the feeder. Guess I need to get on that, but I'm going to wait until the "bad weather" passes through. It's been windy and there's talk of rain for a couple of days.