Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Big Thank You And God Bless You To All Our Veterans

November 11, 2014

Good morning.  Well, today will be our last super nice day for a while.  Tonight the colder temps will be moving into our area.  Later this morning, Pogo and I will go out to do some errands, and enjoy the sunshine.  Maybe I'll even treat Pogo to a burger for lunch. 

Today is Veterans' Day in the United States.  This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918.  Veterans Day is intended to honor and thank all military personnel who served the United States in all wars, particularly living veterans.

In my family, there are several living veterans, and I want to thank each and every one of them.  I love living in this wonderful country, and I am ever so proud to watch our beautiful flag flying so proudly in the breeze.


We're still waiting to see if Dwarf Mike will be able to get his new car.  Gosh, I hope so.  The hold up has been paperwork.  Folks just don't understand how important it is to save records and receipts for a few years.  You never know when you might need them.  Hopefully, today will turn out much better for our Dwarf.

Yesterday I was in a mischievous mood and decided to have a bit of fun.  So, I made up a sign to put on our front storm door.  There is a doorbell by that door, but it is too far away from my place for me to be able to hear it.  Here is the little sign that I taped to the door.


Remember a while back that I wrote about a new car battery charger that I bought?  Well I took photos of it to share.  It's a Cobra "JumPack" and isn't much bigger than one of the newer cell phones.  Even the clamps and long wires have been down-sized so that everything fits into a small package.



This is a great little gadget because it will also charge all your media devices.  (phone, camera, tablet, laptop, etc.)  Once you charge it's battery, the charge will last for months.

Last night, and this morning, I've been busy taping some episodes of a favorite TV show onto discs to mail to my daughter Audrey.  I'm almost done, and hoping to pop it into the mail today when Pogo and are out doing errands.

Update on Blackie -- She was at my door this morning, meowing for her breakfast which, of course, I took out to her.  If she doesn't have a home, I'm hoping it won't take too long for her to get comfortable here in the house with us.  We'll just have to wait and see.

That's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

I love your picture. I am having issues posting and don't have time to fool with it. Grrrrrr, but we do have water....yeah.

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nani said...

I’m glad Blackie is back today! If she’s running around and someone thinks they “have” a cat, they aren’t treating her well; it’s dangerous for domestic animals to run around like strays. One of the dangerous things is how cold it can get in the winter for an animal left outside. Even Marco who loves to sit on the enclosed porch got to a point last year where it was so cold he trotted to the door and did a 180 looking for someplace warm to hide. I think the photos of the blue jay eating the cat food are sweet. I took the contents of a sample bag of food the kitty-kids didn’t like and threw it over the rail on the ramp. The next morning the food was gone!

We don’t have any more of our WW2 vets still alive in my family but we had a few that served including my grandfather. My uncle was in Viet Nam; my dad wanted to enlist, but he was refused because of a knee injury when he was a kid. I have a cousin that lost a son in Afghanistan and one whose son is in the Marines now. With a great heart great risk is given, with great risk great honor is earned.

I love your door sign! Hehehe :)

Cold and rainy here has me craving a cozy hot chocolate. Think I may see about that when David gets home and can get the peppermint schnapps down!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

I have sometimes the same with our doorbell. or i am too far away, or the batteries died LOL. So we also have a little sign that we can attach at the door to just knock on the window.
Works fine.
I always forget to take the doorbell with me when I am alone and in the backroom, very dumbo, as well as i forget to take the phone!
Oh well, when it is ever important they will come again or phone again, don;t you think?
Not all too bright weather but still bearable here.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra