Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thinking Of You, Mr. B.

October 3, 2012

Good morning.  Mr. B, today's our day.  Our first wedding took place on October 3.  Just a nice quiet wedding on a bridge in a beautiful park.  Immediately after our wedding dinner, we took off for a four day business/fun trip.  Mother in law was not very happy about the way we did this. So, we repeated the whole ceremony ten days later (on the 13th) in a hall so that all our friends and family could attend.  Each year, we did it all over again until finally the justice of peace told us "Enough is enough.  You can't get any more married than you already are."

Want to know how Mr. B proposed to me?  Well, we knew we belonged together, but because our children were raised so differently from each other, we needed to wait for them to finish school.  One of our favorite TV programs was Wheel Of Fortune, and we used to make little side bets to see which of us guessed the most puzzles.

One evening, we were having dinner in a little cafe and watching our program.  Mr. B asked what I wanted to bet, and said that if I won, we would get married.  Well, guess who won?  Yup!  Me.  We had a business trip coming up, so we decided on a nice quiet ceremony in the park.  And the renewing our vows every year was his idea! 

Here's a layout I made and posted a few years ago.  It shows us growing old together.  The clip on the right where Mr. B is wearing a flower is our wedding day.  The background is a rather pretty sunset in Suffolk,Virginia.  I went under the tree so that I could shoot through the branches. 


I had to go through a lot of disks and drives to find this layout.  I also found a few others that I was so hoping were not among the missing.  I'm feeling a little better now that I've found them.  Today's a good day. 

Now that I've chewed your ear off, I think I'll get dressed and take Pogo out for a little walk in the grass.  So far, he's not really too crazy about the $40 potty patch that I bought for him.  I keep hoping though!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

What a sweet layout! Love is such a beautiful gift. You and Mr. B were happy for many years. But it ever seems long enough. I hope one day I'll be able to do a layout like that of David and me.

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Sweet layout and nice memories to take out on your special day. Today is my sister's 43 wedding anniversary! Hope you day of loving memories makes it a happy one for you! Have a good one! Hugs!! Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Thank you for sharing your story and happy anniversary. He sounds like he was a sweetie and was lucky to have a woman like you.

smiekeltje said...

Although in a way it is a sad day, because he no longer at your side, it also has a good side on it: you have so many memories of all the wonderful years you spent together.
And nobody can take that away from you!
Big hug
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am running way behind on my reading of people's blogs. But I had to come here and catch up because you always lift my spirits. This post is beautiful ... you were and are blessed with having a relationship that left you with wonderful memories ... and isn't it wonderful that your talents allowed you to save those special moments in a tangible way. Your hubby was a handsome fellow as well as being a good partner. Bless you both ...

Andrea