Sunday, August 2, 2020

Storm Isaias Starting Up The East Coast

August 2, 2020

Good morning. Today started out sunny and quite comfortable.  But not for long.  It's already getting  hot and muggy again. There's a wicked storm moving up the coast today and for the next few days, bringing some places lots of rain and strong winds.  There's also tornado warnings in Pennsylvania today.  

I've been following the weather channel on TV, but it leaves me quite confused as to what we can expect from this storm.  Depending on who is doing the forecast, we are either going to be inundated with flood waters and heavy winds or some rain and wind.  I'll just have to wait and see what comes our way.

Yesterday was the beginning of another new month.  Tis August already.  Here's the August page from my calendar.


These past couple days I've been keeping busy with lots of nothings.  Well, to be fair, I have listened to a lot of the music that is on my laptop. I also went through a lot of my photos.  They really need to be sorted through and then re-packed away.  I've also done a bit of crocheting.  I bought a new pattern book, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post.  

I've decided to try taking Beet Root Powder capsules, and have ordered a bottle of them.  They are supposed to be very good for health and energy, and for keeping blood pressure under control.  I figure it can't hurt to try it.  If it works, I'll be sure to post about it here.  

With all the graduations that have been taking place, I thought today I would share graduation photos for my children's father (a previous marriage) and myself.  Their Dad (Gary Thibault) graduated in 1953 and I graduated in 1957.   We both graduated from Weymouth High School.  (Weymouth, MA)  These photos need to be in my blog books for the benefit of my grandchildren and great grandchildren.



Wow, I'm still watching the weather channel on TV and they are showing the heavy winds and high waves on one of the beaches in Palm Beach, Florida.  They are also showing the areas where the turtles have made their nests.  We're going to lose so very many of the baby turtles in this storm.  I know this is nature, but it is still sad.

I'm working on a project from my new pattern book and hopefully I'll be able to show a photo of it tomorrow.  Now I'm going to get a bottle of cold water and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh how I love old pictures, two beautiful pictures here:) Looks like we have been doing the same thing, looking back and reminiscing! The kids/grandkids need to be able to enjoy these pictures, I know that they will thank you for sharing them. I have been watching the weather too, unless it makes a turn we won't get anything from Isaias, thankfully! I pray that it will dance on out to see and leave the coastline alone. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely pictures of your previous husband and yourself. Was it all already so long ago????? 1953, just the year I was born LOL.

I think you spent a nice day, with listening to some music and sorting out some photos. It always brings back memories.

I just returned from the after-dinner walk with Tommy and am glad to sit now.
Bit of gaming or reading on the net and then a quiet tv evening.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Great pictures, and a good idea to put them here for posterity! I think the turtle watch volunteers in Florida can do things to help save the nests -- shore them up and even move and rebury them if absolutely necessary.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was nice to to see the vintage photos, Edna. Time does seem to pass so fast, sadly. Looking through photos is a wonderful way to spend part of the day. I did that this past weekend and it is a shame people do not use photo albums these days. Hope you don’t get too much rain from the storm.