Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Play Ball!

August 5, 2020

Good morning.  Well, the storm came by, smacked us around a bit and went on its way.  Some places were hit quite a bit.  Two towns over from here, all the power went out.  Lots of trees and branches came down. some landing on cars and houses and blocking streets.    Deanne lost all power and got lots of limbs and a small tree down.  I'm still waiting to hear from her this morning to see how things are today.  Her son Bobby, in another part of that town, also was without power.  

It was gray here all day, then in the afternoon the sun came out.  All of a sudden, down came buckets of rain.  And all of a sudden it disappeared.  We got enough rain to make a big puddle at the end of the driveway, but most of the yard was fairly dry.  Strange.  

We did get the wind though.  Around mid afternoon, it started getting frisky, and kept up for a few hours.  It blew tons of leaves and twigs all around my yard.  My poor car looks like it was in a dust storm.  I'll have to see if Joe will wash it off a bit when he gets home from work.  I just can't bear to see it looking like this.  I'll see if he will take a walk around the rest of the property to make sure everything else is okay.

Seriously, I'm so thankful that the storm was more or less kind to our little part of New England, and I thank all of you for caring.  Now as soon as I hear from Deanne that they are all okay, all will be good.

Today I thought I might share some photos from Kevin's baseball game this past weekend.  He plays infield on the local men's team.  Here he is getting ready to catch the next out.  Yup!  He got it!


That's Kevin at bat.  Here comes the ball, he swings and runs.......


and he slides into second base, making a double.  Way to go, Kevin.  Eat your heart out Red Sox!


My only regret is that I couldn't be there to watch Kevin play in person.  Soon though, soon.

Yesterday was not a really busy day for me.  The air outside was so heavy and breathing was difficult.  The air conditioner helps me a lot, but I do have to keep shutting it off for a while.  I don't always get along very well with air conditioning.  I'm glad that I have it because it certainly does help.  

I did start to crochet a new purse.   Later, I didn't feel like working on it so I started another new one in a different color.  That worked!  Later on I'll get back to working on the poncho.  Is anyone else like this?  Seems I'm happiest when I have several projects going at the same time.  

I just learned that Deanne's power has been restored, and grandson Bobby should have his power back on within the next hour.  All is well here.  Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  I'm praying that all of you are safe today too.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear you and Deanne and other family did get a bit of the storm but not all too much, so it was something to overcome without too many problems.
Pffff, I don;t think i=this was a good english sentence, but I think you know what I am trying to say.
Surely Joe will take a look around to see if nothing happened and it would be nice if he could find energy and time to wash your car!!!

We have beautiful weather, Jan today took again a real short walk, but he has to start small.
Yesterday he did a bit of exercise, so all goes well.

Oh i recognize the issue of having several projexcts going on at the same time ROFL. Sometimes it is just the finishing off that takes some time, but they do get finished, somehow!

Take care, and have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Glad that Deanne has her power back. So far, only one friend in New Jersey is still without power, though from the news I see that the power loss is still widespread in the New York area. I took the bus down Broadway today and you'd never know that the side streets were filled with branches yesterday. Totally back to normal. Take care!

Susie said...

Glad you are ok today. I hate losing power, so I am praying everyone gets power as soon as possible. I watch a bit of a game on TV the other evening, just to hear that sweet sounds of the bat striking the ball. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Safe from the storm and thankful for that. It is so hard to be without power and thankful that you have yours. WE just can't make it without air conditioners. Baseball, yes! I love watching and I know you will be watching Kevin in person soon:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Like your area, Edna, we also didn't get hit bad by the hurricane here in Nashua, NH. All day, I was expecting horrendous rain and wind and was looking forward to a good rainy day since house chores were calling. Mind you I didn't want any damage, just a good soaking. We finally got a lot of rain and wind late in the afternoon, but only for less than an hour and then it was over and clearing returned. Glad that you and your family members were safe and power restored. Parts of my native NJ were hard hit with power outages.