Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Everyone Be Safe From This Storm

August 4, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy outside, but then we're expecting Isaias to be visiting us soon.  The storm has been busily knocking out power and creating havoc along its way up the coastline.  My daughter Audrey lives in Virginia and the storm raged there all through the night.  It knocked out their power and dropped a lot of trees, creating lots of damage.  It's still raining there and there's a lot of flooding.

This morning there are a lot of branches down in her yard.  Several fell on the fence around the dogs' play yard, damaging it in several places.  Audrey tells me that some tornadoes went through downtown during the night and demolished several buildings.  This is a photo of part of their doggie play yard. 


Thankfully, no one got hurt, and they do have a generator that will keep the important things running. (freezers and refrigerator, water, some lights, etc.)   Once the rain there lets up, they'll be able to walk around their property to see how much damage there is, and to start the clean up.  

I've been watching the Weather Channel, and this storm is looking really scary.  I'm dreading the thought of another tree on my house or the basement flooding again.  We'll see what will be.  Meanwhile, the storm is moving quickly up the coast, bringing lots of tornadoes along with it.  I'm praying everyone will be safe.

Before I finish this post, let me lighten the mood with this cute image that I borrowed from the web.


So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Audrey was lucky not to have enormous damage and the house being safe!
I will send a little prayer "upstairs"that the storm will pass your area, without causing big damage. Hope your and the house will be safe!

We have real nice weather, tomorrow will be the start for several days of hot weather.

Have a lovely day, stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

This storm is a doozy! I'll be posting about it later this afternoon and I'm quoting you in my post. Stay safe!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,

So glad your daughter didn't have too much trouble with this storm. It seems to be creating more havoc the father up the eastern coast it goes. I think NC may have gotten it pretty good too. Our coast line here in SC, I am just below NC we kind of tuck inland a little whereas NC sticks out a lot more..I pray you do not get any water and God forbid another tree on your house! I was a little worried about that last night because I have a HUGE bradford pear tree smack in the middle of my front lawn and the way it grew it looks like it's leaning towards the house... Stay safe Edna and will be looking for an update from you in the morning .. XO

Steve Reed said...

Stay safe, Edna! Too bad about Audrey's fence damage. That meeting room picture IS a head-scratcher. :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Yes stay safe Miss Edna, sorry about the fence being damaged !
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
~Jo

Theresa said...

Yes, I was watching the Weather Channel too. It was a doozy for sure. So thankful that Audrey didn't have more damage and no injuries. Storms are scary and this one did lots of damage all over the place. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!