Monday, August 3, 2020

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button?

August 3, 2020

Good morning.  It's a little after five a.m., but as long as I'm up I figure I may as well post now.  I was hungry so I've already eaten my breakfast.  Pogo, though, is still sleeping so I've put his breakfast back in the fridge.   

Right after supper last night, I sat down to watch a bit of TV.  However, my eyes started drooping and took a nap all by themselves.  After they woke up, I decided to finish my newest crochet project.  As I mentioned before, I bought a new pattern book.  


I have to keep downsizing what I carry (because of my breathing) so one purse in particular caught my eye.  It's a cross body bag.


I had a skein of Fuschsia yarn handy, so here's my little cross body bag.  I only have to weave in a couple yarn ends and put a closure on it.  I'm leaning towards invisible magnets, but I'm still researching.  (it's really brighter than shown here)


Yesterday,  I must have spent at least two hours online researching magnetic buttons and snaps.  I watched countless videos on how to attach these items to a purse made of yarn.  But no matter what type of closure you buy, there are other things that you have to buy in order to use the  items you purchased.  These extra things are just not listed in advance.  They just sort of show up in a video.  Some of the magnetic snaps require a whole tool kit.  Others require an interface.  Then there's probably needles and thread, and goodness knows what else.  But at least I learned a lot about these buttons and snaps.

The purse is big enough to hold a checkbook or credit card, pen, cell phone, license and a small money purse.  And of course your keys.  It's actually just the right size for me.  And it goes nice with the fingerless gloves that I made.

My phone app is saying that today will be hot.  By mid afternoon, temps should already be in the nineties.  It also says that we should be getting a bit of a sprinkle sometime after one a.m.  Just a tiny bit.  

Have you noticed that the days are getting shorter now?  The day breaks later in the morning and the sun sets earlier in the evening.  Sighhhhhhhhh.  I love these long days.  It always makes me sad to see them getting shorter.  

Well, I think I need to refresh my cup of coffee.  Deanne and Eddie did my grocery shopping yesterday, and they picked me up some ice cream sandwiches.  Mmmmm!  Maybe I'll have one of them instead of the coffee.  I'm off now to start this brand new day.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Great bags, and they are light to carry. Porbably an ordinary button would do as good as anything for closure.

We have rain at the moment, but later today it will dry up again.
Heidi just came by to pick up Tommy, so this evening after dinner I can just sit and no more walking the dog then. Sounds however a lovely thing. (But I also will miss him a bit).

In an hour Jan will go to the physiotherapist(I will go too).

So there is still some time to do....nothing. Tomorrow I will be more active.

Well, think about a button on the purse or bag.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Robyn said...

Hi Edna
I love the bag!... Also the book too....Ice cream sandwiches sound good to me! I haven't had one of those in years. I can't handle dairy.. Theres not a lot of things I miss but cheese and ice cream sanwiches are two items I can I do miss...I really need to get some crochet books and start widening my horizons when it comes to crocheting. I've made afghans for years. I think it's time i branch out!...How about some sort of tie closure instead of magnets? would that work?

Steve Reed said...

Nice bag! It will probably feel good to carry a smaller, lighter bag. Hope you figure out the closure -- I can't help you there! LOL

The Queen Jester said...

Lovely bags and I love the colors.

Theresa said...

I have a small leather bag that holds the things most needed while shopping. I also keep a bigger bag in the car in case there is a need to carry an umbrella etc. BUT the little bag is my fave. Keys, lipstick, checkbook and credit cards, chewing gum etc. I love the look of your cross body bag:) You are SO talented to be able to make such pretty things. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice way to carry a few necessary items, Edna. Hope you will be able to find a magnetic closure that works. I have seen similar ones with a button type which might be harder for some people, but less costly to make.