Friday, July 3, 2020

The Year Is Half Full

July 3, 2020

Good morning.  Today is starting out gray and cool.  I'm sure the sun will make an appearance later on.  Temps should be in the low seventies.  It's going to feel really nice.  You know, I forgot to post the July page from my calendar, so here it is.  Do you realize that we are already into the second half of this year?  It's going by too quickly.


Yesterday wasn't so very busy.  I did make the meat sauce and pasta.  My supper was yummy!  And, I made enough for tonight's supper so I don't have to cook later on.  

Later this afternoon, Joe is going to pick up my grocery order at WalMart on his way home from work.  I wonder what they will be out of when they pick my order.  I'm thinking that maybe I should time my order pick ups for early morning so that nothing will be out of stock yet.  Anyway, we'll see when the groceries get here.  

Last summer, my grandson Bobby planted two small rose bushes by the shed for me.  This year they both have a blossom.  One is a light pink and the other is a medium pink.  This one is going to be a beauty when it gets bigger.


Meanwhile, Deanne's roses are really gorgeous this year.  Have a look at this beauty.


Today I think I'll go over the bills to see if any of them are due.  If so, I'll get them ready for the mail.  Yesterday's mail brought new tax bills.  What else is new?  

I think I'll start working on the photos for next year's calendar now.  It might be nice not to have to rush later on when it's time to put the calendar together.  I already have some photos in a folder.  I also want to call the computer store downtown to see if they are open for  business yet.  I'd like to get my big laptop fixed so that I can use it.  

Well, that's my news for today.  Now I want to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Deanne's rose is really beautiful! Hope you got all your groceries! I'm inclined to say I won't be sorry when this year is over, but of course, who knows what NEXT year might bring!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What stunning roses you have there, just so very pretty.
The year half gone, and what a year it has been, I surely hope the second half is less of a nightmare.
Wishing you and yours a safe and happy July 4th dear Edna.
Hugs,
Jo

LV said...

We made another week. Always enjoy what you do during the days. My life has nothing of interest. Getting up is a joy. Take care.

Theresa said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I really love the roses that Bobby planted and the color of Deanne's roses are SO pretty! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Those roses are beautiful, but to be honest, almost every rose is LOL!
I'd love to have some more in the garden, but I fear I lack a bit of place. We'll see how the year goes on and may be next spring I find one that i just cannot resist.

It's so nice when you have enough left over for a second dinner, saves a lot of energy.
We will have a ham from the oven, sliced on bread rolls, on that probably a few salad leaves and a bit of sauce. Simple but yummie.

Yeah, may be you should pick out already the photo's for the new calendar now, perhaps already send them away to print early fall, so all will be ready long before needed.

It is rainy here, not really cold, but I could do with a 3 or 4 degrees more and some sunshine. That will be for next week again.

You have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Your calendars are the very sweetest! I love seeing all your beautiful photos and the flowers. W O W ! I bought a $20 rosebush from Home Depot several years ago and it still blooms dark pink buds. I have spent hundred on other rose bushes and they never seem to survive! The hubby and I are eating old fashioned popsicles. We found them at Target in cherry, grape and banana. YUMMY! It is so hot and getting hotter. Ut is so wonderful to stop by and wish you a beautiful Happy fourth of July or Happy Independence Day. I do not want to sound political but did your state get any of the devastating violence and ruin of statues and other memorials? I Know your history is so rich. I am very saddened by it all.
Keep cool and stay happy and healthy. HUGS xo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Holiday wishes, Edna, and it’s hard to believe that half a year is gone already and what a year! Deanne’s rose is lovely as are the ones from your grandsons. It’s always a mystery what a grocery order will contain when substitutions are made and hope yours turned out well. Luckily, we have been able to do our own shopping.