Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Still Learning New Blogger Changes

July 28, 2020

Good afternoon.  Tis another steamer today.  Even the nights are steamy.  BUT, at least I'm still here to grump about it!   I did start this post this morning, but I'm a tad bit slow today so I've changed my greeting to good afternoon.

I just found out that one of my blog friends is turning ninety one pretty soon.  And she posts a couple times a week.  Now that's awesome!  Way to go, LV!  I hope I'm still finding things to write about ten years from now.  (I'm only eighty one this year)  

You know, it just took me almost half an hour to figure out how to make a link to another blog.  I'm not feeling particularly smart today.  I love my Special K with strawberries cereal, but it's not exactly brain food.  If it is, it's not working on me!

We must have a substitute mail carrier this week because he doesn't bring my mail to my porch like the regular carrier does.  So now I'm going to have to keep my door open to watch for the mail so that I know when it arrives.  Pogo will be happy because he loves to sit and look out the door.  On the other hand, keeping the door open lets in a lot of heat.  

I found another cute crochet pattern on the web and downloaded it.  I'm not sure if I'll try making it, but at least I'll have the pattern.  It's really cute, and would be nice for spring and summer if it were made with cotton yarn.  It's called Blossom Stitch.


I'll have to take a walk around the yard again pretty soon to see what might still be blooming.  The Rose of Sharon are beginning to bloom now so I'll have to get a photo to share.  Also blooming are the Knock Out roses.  Mine are red and pink.  Here's one of the red bushes.


Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Edna, That is a cute little top. I used to crochet vests for all my girls and their dad...many years ago. I don't do any needlework anymore. Not even sewing on my machine. I am so ashamed and blind. LOL. need my cataracts gone. I love your pretty roses. Blessings, try to keep cool, xoxo, Susie

LV said...

Thanks for thinking of me on your post today. If you can, I need help linking to another blog such as Sky Watch, etc. Have not figured out a lot things yet. Been going back and forth between the two ways now.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to your blog friend, 91 years that's a great time to celebrate! Enjoy your day dear friend, hope you get your mail delivered to your door today:) HUGS!

Robyn said...

Good morning Edna.

Thank you for sharing that other lady's blog. I will go visit her next. You are 81 years young!.. I LOVE that crochet pattern you found. I would love to try and attempt that one.. As for using blogger. I don't know if age has anything to do with it. I just turned 50 and after 6 years of blogging I am STILL trying to find my way around....LOL

smiekeltje said...

Perhaps you can call out to the new mailman from the porch or so that he can come to you and you can tell him you would like your mail delivered to the porch. dont know how long the substitute will be there, of course.

You will reach quite an age this year!!! I hope to be as bright and full of humor as you are when I might get into the 80's!!!

We went to the doctor with Jan and right away had an appointment in the same building for the fysio therapist!!
Next will be on Monday, I think it is a good thing for him to at least have a few sessions there!

Now I just have time to do some newspaper reading on the net and perhaps a little game, till dinner time.
Have a wonderful day(hopefully the temps aren;t too high for you!)
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I haven't posted for a while and just published three that I had ready from before. New format. Dammit! I can't figure out how to send it to Facebook. I'll have to google it. Why do they have to always "improve" things. Man, I sound old...getting set in my ways I guess.