Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ring, Ring, Ring

July 21, 2020

Good morning.  It was a toss and turn night, so I slept way late this morning.  I was really tired last night, so I'm not sure why sleep didn't come easy.  Do you suppose it was that phone call from my daughter Audrey?

Ya, that's probably what did it.  She was so cheerful on the phone when she told me "Mom, another month or so and  I can sign up for social security.  I can hardly wait!"  Excuse me, but when did all this happen?  I know I'm old, but not that old!  Really?  


One day she was in the yard on her swing, and the next.........?????  How is it that so many of our years fly by so fast that we don't see old age catching up to us?  The body saw it coming, but the brain didn't.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about being old.  It's just that the really old part got here so quickly and I still have so much to do.  And that brings me to my laundry.  It's piling up again.  Funny, laundry was always my favorite part of housework.  Aye yi yi!  I guess we know what I'll be doing this afternoon. 

Yesterday, I was watching a program on TV and during one of the commercials they had a ten day weather forecast.  I saw all the days in the low to middle eighties and thought how wonderful, we're going to have a break in this heat wave.  Then the forecaster said" It's going to be really nice for this Independence Day."  What?  I always thought that the commercials that were aired during these re-run programs were current.  Hmmm, I guess I was wrong!

We are supposed to get a break from these wicked high temps though.  A whole string of days in the eighties.  Yea!!!!!  Well, now I need to get started on that laundry.  First let me share an image that I borrowed from the web a while ago.  Remember, your animals are your best friends.


So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Aw...Audrey is and was a real cutie. I am happy for her. We all worked so hard for all we receive with our social security. I pray it will not be taken away from us. I heard we are dropping into the 80's too. Stay cool my friend. HUGS

P.S> I could not sleep after 3 A.M. either. So after pulling weeds, cleaning my fridge, emptying the dishwasher I took a two hour nap and woke up at 9 A.M. I may just take another too.

HUGS

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,

I wish I knew where the time went. It just seems to go quicker and disappear the older we get. I think because in our thinking we still "feel' like we're twenty but our bodies? That's a whole other thing...Oh my gosh I giggled about the forecast. I wish it would cool down here some too but doesn't look like thats in the cards for a while. Mid 90's with heat indexes over 100 for the foreseeable future.

Susie said...

Hi Edna, Oh my gosh, your little girl so cute and ready for Soc.Sec. I am like you... where the heck did all that time go? You know can be so cruel. I like the dog poster. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Yep, old age sneaks up on us! I remember getting to file for SS! It was a great day! I know that Audrey is excited:) Have a blessed day dear friend, I also have laundry waiting! HUGS!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

My current pet hate are those online forms that, when they want your date of birth, have a drop-down list of years. It seems to take a lot of scrolling back to find mine.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, does this social security of Audrey means she will be getting a state money for pensionado?
When we talk about social security here it usually means you apply for monthly money from the town, a social minimum income.
Gosh, I understand you were surprised about the weather forecast, and i giggled a bit.
You take care when going to the bank!
It will howeverbe a little break from the day for you.
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Time flies, doesn't it? I'm getting a sense of that myself, even though I'm still in my early 50's. (Actually, almost my mid-50's! SEE?!)

That's so weird about the forecast! Were you watching a recorded show, by any chance?