Monday, July 13, 2020

Pink Is Pretty

July 13, 2020

Good morning.  I guess today's the day that storm Fay will catch up to us here in New England.  It's gray outside with comfortable temps at the moment, but the temps will rise as the morning goes on.   We may be getting some thunderstorms later today.

As promised, I took photos of some of yesterday's purchases.  First is my new plant, a pretty pink geranium.  As soon as I can, I'll be putting it into a hanging pot.


And here's my new set of acrylic paints, along with a palette.



After I took these photos, I ordered a couple bags of rocks from Amazon.  They should be here tomorrow.  Now I just have to go look for my rock painting book.  It's around here someplace.  

Last evening I made another pair of the fingerless gloves, then worked on the purple poncho for a while.  I have a good feeling about getting my holiday projects finished in plenty of time.  As soon as I'm feeling more comfortable on this laptop, I'll get started on my new calendar and my Christmas card.  I know, it's still early, but pretty soon it will be December and I'll feel good about having these things already done.  

Well, Perry Mason is coming on now, then I switch over to Law & Order - Criminal Intent.  That's my favorite version of Law & Order.  I'm really enjoying all these old re-runs.  First I have to go out on the porch and empty the water bucket that's beneath the air conditioner.  I don't want to let it get too heavy for me to lift.  I don't mind this chore because it helps to keep the muggies out of here.  

So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

There's something kind of funny about buying bags of rocks, but I guess you need a certain kind of smooth rock -- it's not like you could just go out and find them in the yard! Love the geranium!

smiekeltje said...

Lovely geranium. Keep dead heading it and you will have a lot of pleasure from it fro very long!

Exciting that soon you will be trying your hand on that rockpainting.

I have enough at the moment to keep me busy, and as extra helping Jan out bringing him some things, or a drink or something to eat. He could do it himself, but to much walking is still hurting a lot, so better that i do those things for now.
I do hope that by next week it will be somewhat better, at least that it will not hurt too much. He is taking painkillers, but cannot take too often.

Weather here is nice, omorrow some rain(good for the garden) and then again sunshine.

Have a wonderful day and lots of fun with your crime series.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

We have a ton of Perry Mason shows taped. We use to watch LAW and ORDER SUV and Criminal Intent too. Vincent D'Onforio was in Mystic Pizza ages ago and his partner Kathryn Erbe played the daughter in What About Bob? hahaha. I love all the trivia like that.Hope your week is a good one! HUGS

Sue said...

Love the pink geranium, Edna, one of my favorite flowers, the acrylic paints are pretty! Like you I know Christmas is just around the corner, my Mom also is working on Christmas projects, I guess you could say I am too, since I give a lot of my canning to family and friends for Christmas.
I try and address my Christmas cards in August .
Thanks for visiting and for your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue