Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lots Of Info For You Today

July 30, 2020

Good morning.  Tis rather gray and cloudy outside just now, but my phone weather app says it's sunny with temps climbing up into the nineties.  I suppose I could change my phone app, but then it wouldn't be fun anymore trying to figure out what sort of day it will be.  

I spent quite a bit of time on my laptop yesterday.  I had to figure out how to post on my other pages with this new system.  I managed to post the new pattern to the pattern page (see upper right corner for page links), but I still have a lot to learn on this subject.  

I need to figure out how to screen shot on my laptop too.  I'm sure it's in the Windows 10 book, but I guess I'm just not using the right words to find the information in the index.  Practice makes perfect (so they say).  I'll get there.  

One of my favorite commercials is on the TV.  A young man is coming home from a trip somewhere, the background music is playing and singing " I Want To Go Home."  The look on his mother's face when he arrives home is priceless.  This is me when I get to see my son.  (I don't get to see him very often)  Do you have a wandering child?  Yes?  Then you know the warm feeling I'm talking about.

Today let me share what I found on Amazon when I was looking for nests for hummingbirds.  The second picture is a holder for bits and scraps that birds might want to use to make their nests.



Kyra sent me some very useful links about hummingbirds and their nests.  To be honest, they probably won't use the ready made nest.  They prefer to make their own nest.  The articles are really interesting and worth reading.  Thanks, Kyra.

My friend MaryAnn sent me an interesting link yesterday for a video with facts about the Covid-19 virus.  It was extremely interesting.  If interested, here's the link.  


Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading and a few more things on my laptop.  Busy, busy, busy.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

We had rain yesterday and it rained and rained. I am not complaining because we really needed it. I am still using the old Blogger, I guess I will change when I have to. It just isn't something that is tops on my list, learning something new UGH! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
Oh I just love the hummingbird nests and I have meant to tell you that I told my sister about your new bottle feeders and my sister said she has 2 of them and her hummingbirds will not go near them.
They picked up one clear one and 2 red ones and they use the clear one all day long but will not have anything to do with the red ones. Spoiled little hummingbirdies.

I have 2 wandering children so I know exactly what warm feeling that your talking about. I haven't seen the commercial you are referring to but I do know the feeling... :)

I am anxious to know the information that you have gotten from the windows 10 book on pages. I am learning a few things about the new windows 10 and the latest updates and how to apply them to my laptops. Some I like and some I do not. Oh well.

I am going to call you now. Have a wonderful day! xxx

smiekeltje said...

Oh, you;ve been busy searching around and getting info LOL!
I just did send you a link for the screenshot stuff, I thought it was rather good explained, it may be of help.

Wouldn;t it be fantastic if there would be a pair of hummingbirds using the nest material you offer and then having a whole family in the yard???
The thought of it already makes it worth to try it.

Very hot here today, so I think it is best not to move around a lot, hahaha.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Those hummingbird nests are cute. Even if the hummingbirds won't use them, I wonder if something else would? Some other kind of bird? We don't have hummingbirds here in England, unfortunately. I miss seeing them!