Friday, July 10, 2020

Is Fay Going To Bring Us Some Rain?

July 10, 2020

Good morning.  It's cloudy outside at the moment, but I'm sure the hot, muggy sunshine will be here shortly.  My phone app and the weatherman on TV are calling for some rain again.  It seems that storm Fay is on her way here, but she's turning inward and upward.  So, most of the rain should be in the middle and western part of the state.  Well, maybe.  We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm watching "Leave It To Beaver" this morning.  I really do enjoy this program.  Young Beaver is getting very close to that "dating girls" age.  Some days I wonder how the different characters turned out once they became adults.  Especially that Eddie Haskell.  

Well, I found me a new little crochet project to try, but I'll hold off showing a photo of it until after I try it out.  Just in case I decide not to like it.  I was going to start the purple poncho last night, but the air is so muggy that I decided to wait a bit.  Hopefully, if and when the rain gets here, things will cool down a bit.

Today I have some photos of some of my lilies.  It seems they get prettier every year. 




Has anyone noticed that there have been some changes to the new Blogger?  And the changes are good too!  Today the change was how we upload photos to our blog.  It's now the same as it used to be.  Woo Hoo!  

Recently I purchased some brushes, sandpaper and polyurethane. I'm going to try washing some of the wooden posts on my porch with bleach (to get rid of the black stains).  If that doesn't work, I'll sand them and then coat them with the polyurethane.  That should keep me busy for the next couple of years.  I figure I can just sit out there and work on this for a while every now and then.  

Now it's time to watch Perry Mason.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It may be a bit muggy at the moment in your area, but if Fay gives you just a moderate part of the rain, it will be gon, I think. Hopefully you will not get the full load Fay.

Wow, you gave youraelf quite project with the wooden posts of you porch. I don;t know if bleach will be a good option. Well, I don;t know if the porch posts are painted with paint, or lackered with durable stain. (you have that in color or natural, transparant, so you see the wood through). If you have real paint, I don;t know if bleach is doing well.
But.... I;ve found you a site where it all is quite good explained. May be you get an idea or two from it.(it's not only for oak).
https://www.woodworkersuk.co.uk/my-oak-has-gone-black/

You have fantastic lilies! Ours didn;t come up this year. I think I will buy some new bulbs for next year.

Hope your weather stays good and also, that your new project wil be nice to do.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

You know, they made some "Leave it to Beaver" reunion movies in the '80s, and I think there was a follow-up show called "Still the Beaver." So you could find those on YouTube to see how everyone turned out in adulthood!

Your lilies are looking great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I hope that you don't get an overload of rain this weekend. We may also be getting some of Fay here in Nashua, NH, but rain is needed in many places and may cool down the temps and humidity that have been here the past couple of days. The lilies are very colorful and reminded me of the ones we used to have at our former VA home. The only problem was they were so short lived and then the stalks had to be cleared. Enjoy your shows, Edna.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I watched Leave it to Beaver too today. HaHaHa! Eddie Haskell was such a character. The friend you want to steer your kids from! He unwittingly was helped the foreman steal ice cream. HaHaHa! Poor Eddie always was trying to impress himself. Hug Beaumont (Mr. Clever) was on an episode of The Virginian. He always portrayed nice guys. :-) Hannah is in Western NY and they had a storm pass through last night. She said it was hot today.
Take care, hope your weather behaves and you get all your projects done. Happy weekend. HUGS xo

Sue said...

I haven't noticed since I have been absent from Blogger, I will find out for sure when I try and post. I hope they haven't made to many changes as I find it rather hard at times. lol

We have had an extremely wet spring and summer, good luck with your project, I have several that I need to do outside, but can't even think about that until fall, the humidity is so high and it is very warm!.
Have a blessed weekend,
Sue

The Queen Jester said...

Your lilies look lovely. The weather in Minnesota has been nice lately, so am glad of the lower humidity. We're supposed to get storms but they keep missing us.