Thursday, July 23, 2020

I Passed My Driving Test, Woo Hoo!

July 23, 2020

Good morning.  How about that!  Deanne, Pogo and I went out riding yesterday.  I drove and they rode.  The weather was perfect for a car ride.  And I passed the test.  So I guess it's okay for me to drive my car every now and then.  I must say, it felt good.  

To be honest, I'm okay as long as I'm sitting.  It's when I get up and try to do something that I run into a problem.  Lucky for me, I drive sitting down.  Deanne also told me that I won't be going to Florida next winter.  To be honest, I wasn't planning on going anyway.  I don't think it's safe for me to go there.  So now I guess I'll have to decide what to do with my timeshare.  I've really enjoyed my time there every year.  

I've been asked if Create channel is a local TV station or if it is a cable station.  I looked it up on Google.  It says:  "Create is a service of your local public television station.  The channel is digitally broadcast and available via over-the-air, cable and some IPTV providers."  I hope this helps.  

To Susie, good luck with your cataract surgery.  I hope you don't have to wait very long to have it.  I had both of mine removed years ago when they started to interfere with my sight.  My eyes have been great ever since.

Also, Blogger is allowing folks to revert back to the Legacy interface if they want to.  It will be available until August 24.  I'm thinking it's just as easy to stay with the "new" blogger.  They keep making adjustments to it, making it easier to use.  

I was watching a spider on the hedge near my porch yesterday.  It was spinning a web and an ant had got caught in the web.  For a while, the spider kept going round and round the ant.  Then it would stop and watch the ant for a bit.  I kind of felt a little bad for the ant.  I tried to get a photo of the spider and its new snack.


I've been slacking off on my crochet projects lately.  It looks like I may not finish the purple poncho before the end of this month unless I get cracking.  So maybe I'll put a couple more rows on it this afternoon.  I've already found another new little project that I'd like to try, but I'll save that for tomorrow.  

Now I need to wash some dishes before getting started on this new day.  Before I go, let me share a really cute image that I borrowed from the web.


Tomorrow I'll probably be posting in the afternoon (unless I get up at 5 a.m.)  I have a morning appointment with my car at the dealership.  So, till then Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web


8 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Good to hear you were driving again! YAY! I have not altered my routine as I Have been without a vehicle since October so I stay home but I do go outside and get my Vitamin D. I am shocked people do not know how important it is to your good health.
You always share great stuff and thank you for that.
HUGS

Steve Reed said...

Yay! Congrats on the driving test! It's probably good that you won't have to take off for Florida next winter. That's a long haul for anyone.

I always feel like I should free critters that are caught in a spider's web, but then, that's not fair to the spider, is it? So I let nature take its course!

Barbara said...

Congrats on the driving test! I'm glad you can still take advantage of that particular skill. Life is more complicated when our mobility is in question.

The ant caught in the spiderweb. That's kinda creepy but there are some life lessons one can draw from watching that play out. The Lord has lessons for us to learn through our observance of nature and you found a good one.

Blessings to you.

Jan said...

I'm not sure how old you are, or how tall, but my mom will soon be 89, She's 4'8" and weighs about 100 pounds.

According to state law, if she was a child, she'd still be riding in a car seat! She does pretty well going forward, backing up, not so great...

Incidentally, when I passed my state test at 16, I told my dad that I would never pass it again. Funny thing, 25 years later, I passed it in a 70 Passenger school bus.

Stay safe, Jan

Theresa said...

Way to go with the driving. I know that felt good to ride around. Keep it up girlfriend. Love that cartoon, I wear my mask and gasp for air when I take it off. Gotta wear that thing until the “coast is clear“. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

Must have been great to be driving yourself again! I think I can agree with Deanne, when she sayes it is better for you not to go to Florida anymore. it is quite a travel in your own.
Hmmmm, what will you be doing then instead?????

My kitting project is going slow too lately. There are days I even don;t put on one singel row. That's bad!
Well, Porbably in a few days I will be catching it up again, I just have to do it in the evening, and it is better too, it prevents that my eyes suddenly close during a film LOL.

You have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Hi Edna, So glad you get to drive again. I am not sure when I'll get my cataract surgery now. Indiana's Covid cases are higher than ever and more high days in a row. Now we wear masks(Ted and I have for A very long time) . I pray for all of us. Stay safe, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad for the good news on the driving test, Edna, and not going to FL is probably the safest thing right now. I have had cataract surgery as well and am so happy to see distances without glasses, but close up reading requires readers all over the house now.